I’m always looking for ways to work with companies and fellow bloggers. Here is my background and policy on guest posting. If interested, you are welcome to submit a guest post for my review.
Guest Post & Sponsored Posts
As a travel blog, I’m grateful to reach a broad range of readers. Therefore, I love the option to connect with others to work together on guest posting and sponsored posts. ViaTravelers is a travel blog that provides a wide-ranging of topics around travel, including itineraries, tips, guides, and more.
A guest post is a post that comes from fellow bloggers whereas a sponsored post is likely a post referring to a post about a company or service.
I’d like for you to remain transparent upfront regarding your interest and whether it is a guest post or sponsored post.
For guest posting, you can include two links to your site and include an author’s bio. Please email me with 3-5 suggested topics beforehand. These posts are for bloggers specifically. You can fill out our contact form located at the bottom of the page to submit your topics.
Take your time submitting your topics. Guest posts do the best when they are crafted for a particular story and have a purpose. Not when the reading sounds forced.
There is no set price for sponsored posts, but they will include two links to your site as well as maximum exposure through our social media channels. I promote all sponsored posts at the same level as my own.
Sponsored posts are a great way for up-and-coming companies to gain credible and national exposure instantly.
If you are interested in a sponsored post, please read the criteria for posting and contact me for further information. Sponsored posts will be marked as no-follow to comply with search engine compliance requests.
Criteria for Posting
Here are my criteria for a guest post on ViaTravelers.
- The article must be 100% original content, not published anywhere before. No plagiarism will be allowed. Once it is published on ViaTravelers it cannot be published anywhere else.
- Links: You may link to any relevant articles, resource or site as you see fit. However, you should try to link to relevant articles on Via Travelers first. Then, you can include two links to your page. Please include an author bio within your post.
- Content Quality: The article must be of high-quality and you should run your post through Grammarly and Hemingway to ensure the post is both grammatical correct but also easy to read.
- Content Style: Content should be evergreen content with a personal spin.
- Length: Article should be at least 2,000 words, no maximum — 2,200-2,400 word articles are best. Take your time writing it. It should be clear, concise and get the point across. I reserve the right to edit the post in any way shape or form.
- Frequency: There are no minimum or maximum requirements.
- Submission: I hope that you will be able to write the article with proper formatting with headings (all uppercase) and links.
- Photo: Please provide for photos. You can use Pixabay and copyright-free images only. However, you should have your own images to use as a travel blogger.
- Deadline: No deadlines, but I would presume that you would write in a timely manner and keep an open line of communication.
- Promotion: Guest post participants are encouraged to promote their articles on social media sites, as well as a link to their prior articles to maximize pageviews.
We continue to look for guest posting opportunities in the following categories:
- Destination guides like seen in our Europe categories
- Travel Tips
- Travel Reviews
- Travel Hacking Tips
- Food Tips
If you would like to work with ViaTravelers, you can reach out to info at viatravelers.com with your suggested topics.
Lock In Your Travel Now
Find Cheap Flights
Use Skyscanner to find flight deals. As my personal favorite flight search engine, Skyscanner scours websites and airlines across the globe, leaving no stone unturned to help you find the best deal possible. And if you really want to take your savings to new heights, pair Skyscanner with Going (Formerly Scott's Cheap Flights). With access to exclusive mistake fares delivered straight to your inbox, you'll be packing your bags and jetting off on your next adventure before you know it.
Travel insurance is a low cost way to ensure your travel plans go smooth no matter what's thrown at it. Cover yourself against illness, injury and theft, and protect the arrangements you've made with our flexible travel cancellation insurance. My favorite options for travel insurance are:
Book Your Accommodation
In order to capture the widest selection of properties and the best price, use Booking.com as they have the cheapest rates for guesthouses, hotels, luxury condos, B&Bs and so much more.
Want More Destination Ideas Direct to Your Inbox?
Be sure to join the ViaTravelers Newsletter for expert tips, tricks and inspiration for your next travel journey!
Discover the Best Travel Tools
Be sure to visit our page on our favorite travel resources to learn how you too can visit over 10 countries in year.