Traveling with a baby adds a monumental new complexity for new parents, requiring you to plan and think ahead with every excursion.
Did we bring the diaper bag? Is the diaper bag stocked with diapers? Did we pack milk? Are there ice packs with the milk? Did we pack a change of clothes? Did we bring bags for soiled clothes? Is the changing matt in there? What solid foods are we bringing? Are we bringing formula? Are we bringing ready-made formula, powder, and water in separate tubs from the breast pump? How are we getting around? How are we going to get the stroller in the car?!
These are just things to consider for a short trip with a baby – when considering traveling long distances with a baby, this kind of thing is amplified significantly.
Equipping yourself with specific baby travel gear is paramount for ensuring your little one’s comfort and sanity and ensuring that family trips are a more enjoyable experience for all. From strollers and car seats to portable cribs and organizers, the right gear can make all the difference in how smooth your journey goes.
When exploring the world of baby travel gear, it’s essential to consider safety, convenience, practicality, and age-appropriateness factors. Venturing beyond your home turf calls for top-notch strollers that handle any terrain, lightweight car seats that are easy to install, compact travel cribs for quality sleep on the go, and organization solutions to keep diapers, clothing, and essentials within reach.
One crucial aspect of paying attention to when purchasing baby gear for travel is the age and size of your child and the intended use and duration of baby sleep during your trip. Certain products may cater to newborns, while others focus on toddlers and beyond.
Ensuring your chosen gear complies with current safety regulations, is lightweight and easy to maneuver, can be quickly assembled or disassembled, and fits limited living spaces are other considerations that should not be overlooked.
With these factors in mind, let’s delve into the world of baby gear to help you make informed decisions and find the best options for you and your child, making every trip as seamless and enjoyable as possible.
Show Table of Contents
- TL;DR: Our Top Picks For Baby Travel Gear
- Best Baby Travel Gear
- 1. Shynerk Baby Car Mirror
- 2. Itomoro Baby Car Mirror
- 3. Hiccapop MiniPod Baby Dome
- 4. Graco Pack ‘n Play Portable Playard
- 5. Hiccapop OmniBoost Travel Booster Seat
- 6. liuliuby Travel Harness Seat
- 7. BOB Gear Alterrain Pro Jogging Stroller
- 8. Jeep AdventureGlyde Stroller by Delta Children
- 9. Enovoe Mosquito Net for Stroller
- 10. Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Carrier
- 11. TDONE Stroller Fan Mini Portable Fan
- 12. iniuniu Diaper Bag Backpack, 4 in 1 Kit
- 13. DERJUNSTAR Diaper Bag Backpack & Changing Station
- 14. Munchkin Brica Out-n-About Collapsible Trunk Organizer & Diaper Changing Station
- 15. Alpine Muffy Baby Ear Protection
- 16. PBnJ Baby SippyPal Sippy Cup Holder Strap Leash Tether (ABC 2-Pack)
- 17. Dr. Brown’s Manual Breast Pump
- 18. Skip Hop Baby Food and Formula Containers
- 19. Ready-Made Formula
- 20. Happy Baby Food Pouches
- Buying Guide for Essential Baby Travel Items
- Weight and Portability
- Comfort and Safety
- Adaptability and Versatility
- Easy to Clean
- Price and Quality
- Baby Travel Essentials and Diaper Bag Essentials
- What are must-have baby travel gear items for a trip or vacation with an infant?
- What are the best travel strollers for infants or toddlers?
- What are some tips for packing a diaper bag or travel essentials for a baby?
TL;DR: Our Top Picks For Baby Travel Gear
|Best Overall||BOB Gear Alterrain Pro Jogging Stroller|
|Most Essential||iniuniu Diaper Bag Backpack, 4 in 1 Kit|
|Best for Road Trips||Shynerk Baby Car Mirror|
|Best for Long Flights||Graco Pack ‘n Play Portable Playard|
Best Baby Travel Gear
We’ve carefully curated a list of the best baby gear for travel to make your family trips more enjoyable and stress-free.
When driving with the wee one, the Shynerk Baby Car Mirror is for parents who value safety, convenience, and peace of mind for parents in the front and baby in the back.
The Shynerk Baby Car Mirror provides an easier way for parents and their babies to keep an eye on each other while traveling on a road trip. Its wide, crystal-clear reflection allows easy monitoring without compromising your view of the road. Moreover, the mirror’s shatterproof acrylic glass and heavy-duty straps ensure your baby’s safety even in an accident.
One drawback is that the mirror does not have a built-in night light. This means that visibility may be reduced in darker conditions. Additionally, the mirror might not fit some vehicle headrests due to the size of the carry-on plastic mounting plate. Be sure to check the compatibility with your vehicle before purchasing.
Despite these minor limitations, the Shynerk Baby Car Mirror remains an excellent, cost-efficient choice for parents who want to keep tabs on their little ones while driving. Its easy installation, durable construction, and wide view make it a worthwhile investment for those looking to enhance their baby gear.
- Extra wide crystal clear reflection
- Crash-tested and shatterproof design
- Easy installation with adjustable straps
- No built-in night light
- It may not fit some vehicle headrests
- Plastic materials instead of glass
We’ve seen a car mirror (I promise it’s not all car mirrors), but the next one takes the concept to the Nth degree. Thanks to its clear display, night vision, and easy installation, the Itomoro Baby Car Mirror is a must-have for long-distance road-trippers seeking to monitor their children while driving.
This innovative car mirror provides a clear and broad view of your little one, ensuring your peace of mind and their well-being during long trips. One of the standout features of this car mirror is its night vision capability, offering parents the ability to keep a watchful eye on their baby even during nighttime drives. Installing the Itomoro Baby Car Mirror is also breeze, requiring no assembly and allowing you to strap it to your car’s headrest easily.
Though it has some minor shortcomings, such as the dodgy Velcro camera straps and instances of daytime glare, the Itomoro Baby Car Mirror is a top investment in your child’s safety and your own mental well-being while driving.
- Increases vehicle safety by allowing parents to observe the baby without looking back
- Upgraded night vision function for a clear display even in low-light conditions
- 360° adjustable camera for a more comprehensive view of the baby
- Some users have experienced daytime glare when using a truck
- The camera straps are Velcro, not buckle clips as pictured
- A few users reported the camera becoming blurry after some time
See Related: Best Camera Bags for Travel
The Hiccapop MiniPod Baby Dome is an excellent choice for parents who need a portable and safe baby monitor and gear solution for on-the-go activities.
We love the multipurpose design of the Hiccapop MiniPod Baby Dome, making it suitable for various outdoor activities like beach trips, camping, and park visits, as well as indoor use for tummy time and nap time. The lightweight and ultra-compact design makes it a breeze to pack and transport to any destination.
With the UPF50 sun canopy, built-in sun shades, and a zippered door, the Hiccapop MiniPod ensures a reasonably comfortable, relaxed, and pest-free environment for your baby. The heavy-duty door allows easy access to a travel crib, and the ventilated mesh sides promote fresh airflow. Additionally, the waterproof mattress bottom offers a cozy rest area while being mindful of hardwood floor surfaces.
The quick, tool-free setup rivals traditional camping chairs and makes assembling the Hiccapop MiniPod efficient and hassle-free. With its certified safe environment for newborns up to 20 pounds, you can enjoy peace of mind while empowering your little one to rest and play during your travels and adventures.
- Ideal for travel and outdoor use
- Provides sun, wind, bug, and pet protection
- Quick, frustration-free setup
- Appropriate only for babies up to 20 pounds (about nine months)
- Some users may wish for more padding on the mattress bottom
- Not suitable for babies who can pull up and may climb out
I’ve had a lot of experience with Graco’s Pack ‘n Play and swear by it as a portable playpen and baby crib. It folds up easily into a rigid carry case, and when you need to deploy it, a few quick folds and clicks lock it into place, and after that you’re good to go!
In addition to its ease of use, the portability of this travel crib is a huge bonus. It fits easily into the trunk of a car or in the footwell in front of the back car seat.
While it’s not quite small enough to qualify as airline carry-on luggage (it’s not like you’re going to be using it on the plane anyway), the Pack ‘n Play isn’t too bad to fly with either. It’s also pretty sturdy too, hardy enough to survive luggage handlers and the bouncing of the most boisterous baby.
With wheels for easy pivoting, hardy polyester mesh walls for visibility and airflow, a storage pocket to stash diapers, and even a foldable mattress, this travel bassinet is a top choice to keep baby safe as baby sleeps!
- Easy to pack and unpack
- Very durable and well-made
- Not cumbersome and easy to carry
- Some users may wish for more padding on the mattress bottom
- Not suitable for babies who can pull up and may climb out
- A little weighty
This an ideal solution for on-the-go families seeking a lightweight, travel-friendly, and comfortable booster seat for their baby.
Designed with busy parents in mind, the Hiccapop OmniBoost Travel Booster Seat is a versatile and travel-friendly option for providing a stable and comfortable space for your baby to eat and play. With features like lightweight foldable construction and a rear pocket for bibs and spoons, it is a must-have for trips to the beach, camping, or even visits to grandma’s house.
The booster seat stands out for its comfort-fit safety harness, keeping even the wiggiest toddler securely in place. We appreciate the easy-to-clean design, including a machine-washable fabric cover and dishwasher-safe removable swivel tray. As your little one grows, the tray can be removed, transforming the Booster Seat into a functional booster chair for the family dining table or hotel room.
In conclusion, the Hiccapop OmniBoost Travel Booster Seat offers a convenient and comfortable solution for parents seeking a portable booster seat. Its lightweight design, ease of cleaning, and thoughtful features make it a top contender for families constantly on the move.
- Lightweight and foldable design for easy travel
- Comfortable safety harness for secure seating
- Machine washable cover and dishwasher-safe swivel tray
- It may require extra time to set up at a restaurant
- Weight limit of 30 pounds
- Tray might be slightly difficult to attach/detach
See Related: Best Portable Car Seats for Travel
The liuliuby Travel Harness Seat is a versatile and convenient solution for families on the go looking for a portable travel high chair. The seat is designed to be easy to use and can turn any regular chair into a high chair in seconds. This makes it perfect for parents who need a quick and straightforward way to provide their little ones with a secure and comfortable place to sit while out and about.
The harness seat is ideal for babies and toddlers with three height-adjustable straps. It’s important to note that the child must be able to sit up unassisted for this product to work effectively. However, additional security loops are provided for added safety for smaller babies.
Another great feature of the lullaby Travel Harness Seat is its non-slip pads and adjustable straps that ensure a proper fit on various portable travel car seats and high chair back sizes. Additionally, the seat is padded for extra comfort and is machine washable, making it easy to maintain. Overall, this portable high chair offers a practical and intelligent solution for parents who love to travel with their little ones.
- Transforms regular chairs into high chairs
- Adjustable for babies and toddlers
- Non-slip and secure fit on various chairs
- Requires a separate chair to use
- Baby must be able to sit unassisted
- It may not fit in some travel bags
The BOB Gear Alterrain Pro jogging stroller is a formidable choice if you seek to conquer city streets and off-road adventures.
The BOB Gear Alterrain Pro jogging stroller offers fantastic performance, whether strolling through the park or traversing a hiking trail. Its smooths-hox suspension and air-filled tires ensure your child experiences a balanced and comfortable ride, regardless of the surface beneath the wheels.
Protection from the elements is a priority for many parents when venturing outdoors, and the Alterrain Pro delivers excellent all-weather coverage. Its canopy is wind and waterproof and rated UPF 50+ to shield your child from harsh sunlight. This stroller keeps your child secure and comfortable, so you can focus on enjoying your adventures together.
Despite its somewhat hefty weight, the Alterrain Pro offers convenience with its one-hand, quick-fold mechanism, allowing easy transport and storage. The robust build and feature set make this stroller popular for active families seeking a versatile, reliable jogging stroller for their outdoor escapades.
- Smooth and comfortable ride on various terrains
- Impressive weather protection with a 100% waterproof canopy
- Convenient one-hand, quick-fold feature
- Heavier than most strollers at 32.3 pounds
- Bulkier too – it’s hard to fit in smaller cars
- It may require periodic brake adjustments
- Snack tray not compatible
How old were you when you got your first Jeep? Well, Junior can get started real early with the Jeep AdventureGlyde Stroller by Delta Children. When it comes to compact strollers for air travel or a road trip, this is one of the best on the market.
A lot of travel strollers really don’t pass muster when it comes to ease of use, build quality, comfort, and durability. The Jeep AdventureGlyde is designed with your baby’s comfort in mind, with adjustable seating and a sun visor with UPF 50+ protection.
It’s also very easy to deploy and fold up, and it’s exceptionally lightweight, making it easy enough to carry in one hand. It also comes with storage pockets for handy things like wipes and pacifiers. Best of all, this thing is almost as rugged as a real Jeep, sturdy enough to withstand the constant knocks and bumps that come with any travel.
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Well-made and durable
- Easy to fold and deploy
- Bigger wheels than most travel strollers
- The Jeep badge
- Great pricepoint
- Only recommended for infants through nine months or up to 50 pounds
See Related: Best Minimalist Travel Backpacks & Bags for Trips
This Enovoe Mosquito Net is a valuable addition to your baby’s gear, providing maximum protection from insects without sacrificing breathability and durability.
The Enovoe Mosquito Net is designed to be compatible with strollers, travel car seats, bassinets, and more. Made from 100% polyester, the net provides the durability and insect protection your baby needs during mosquito season. Its breathability ensures your little one stays relaxed and comfortable, while the universal fit lets you use it with practically any baby item.
One remarkable feature is the ease of cleaning: the mosquito net is machine washable, making it simple to maintain. The product comes in deluxe packaging, making it a perfect gift for new parents. According to customer reviews, the net benefits mosquito-prone areas like Alaska and Florida.
On the downside, some users have reported issues fitting the net on more giant playpens or noticing holes near seams. However, most users find the product works nicely on strollers and keeps their babies safe from most insects and bugs. With its high-quality construction and incredible convenience, the Enovoe Mosquito Net for Stroller is a must-have for parents traversing through mosquito-dominated environments.
- High-quality, non-toxic polyester material
- Universal fit for multiple baby items
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Potential issues with the fit on more giant playpens
- This material concerns some users
- Problems with holes near seams for some buyers
The Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Carrier is a versatile and comfortable option for parents seeking a convenient baby carrier solution. This carrier features a 4-in-1 convertible design, allowing newborns and older babies to face in or out. This design encourages bonding and developmental benefits while still offering the convenience of hands-free parenting, making it perfect for running errands or exploring parks.
While the Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Carrier is designed to fit a wide range of body types and lifestyles baby carriers, it does have a specific weight range (8-32 pounds) for babies. This means it may not be suitable for newborns and smaller infants until they reach the minimum weight.
With its convertible design, ergonomic features, and hands-free convenience, it is a smart investment for those with babies within the recommended weight range.
- 4-in-1 convertible design for various wearing positions
- Adjustable ergonomic seat and straps for comfort
- Hands-free convenience with developmental benefits
- Intended for babies between 8-32 pounds
- Not suitable for babies under 8 pounds
- Some users report leg circulation issues
The TDONE Stroller Fan is a versatile and efficient baby gear worth considering for its mighty wind, LED light functionality, and multiple uses. The TDONE Stroller Fan stands out with its mighty wind and low noise, making it perfect for hot summer days to keep your baby comfy and your little one cool. The upgraded brushless motor ensures durability and energy efficiency while delivering a solid breeze.
Designed not just for strollers, this portable fan is adjustable to different positions – handheld, hanging under a tent or umbrella, and placed as a desk fan. Its 360° flexibility allows for adequate airflow and cooling wherever needed.
A unique feature of this stroller fan is the integration of 12 LED lights, making it a lifesaver for nighttime use or outdoor activities like camping and hiking. The fan operates on a rechargeable 2500mAh battery providing up to 12 hours of use, but it requires a 2-hour charging time.
Although highly functional and versatile, the fan does not mention water-resistant or splash-proof capabilities, and some users noted problems with screws coming out. Overall, the TDONE Stroller Fan is highly efficient, practical, and a great companion for various uses, especially for baby gear needs.
- Mighty wind with low noise
- New LED light, useful for outdoor activities or camping
- 360° adjustable design for various uses
- It does not mention water-resistant or splash-proof features
- 2 hours charge time for 12 hours of use
- Some user experiences screws coming out
Considering its functionality and style, this iniuniu Diaper Bag Backpack is a fantastic investment and travel bag for parents on the go.
The iniuniu Diaper Bag Backpack is an all-in-one carry bag solution for parents seeking a stylish and practical way to carry baby essentials. With a 4 in 1 design that includes a diaper backpack, diaper pouch, washable changing pad, and pacifier case, this product ensures you have everything you need to keep baby food within reach.
A noteworthy feature of this diaper bag is its large capacity and 18 functional pockets, or diaper backpacks, which provide ample space for organizing baby essentials and personal belongings. The wide-opening main compartment makes packing and accessing items easy, while the integrated stroller straps offer versatility for on-the-go parents.
In conclusion, the iniuniu Diaper Bag Backpack is a great choice for those seeking a stylish yet practical solution for carrying baby essentials. Its large capacity, versatile design, and convenient features make it a valuable investment for parents on the go.
- 4 in 1 Design including diaper backpack, pouch, changing pad, and pacifier case
- Large capacity with 18 functional pockets
- Convenient and versatile for traveling
- May be too large for some users
- Wipe pocket design might not be ideal for everyone
- Lack of included wet bag and pacifier holder in some orders
See Related: Best Herschel Travel Bags | Top-Rated Options
The importance of the diaper bag cannot be overstated, and a good one will come with a small foldale changing matt to make life a little easier for you and baby. If only there was a way you could pack a whole changing station into your diaper bag…
As it happens, there’s no need because there are diaper bags out there with changing stations built into the bag, just like this one from DERJUNSTAR. As well as a baby changer, this is a total game changer, especially if you’re taking your baby on a long-distance road trip or if you doubt the cleanliness of that airport changing station. The foldable changing station comes with mosquito net walls and can double up as a travel crib for very small babies needing an on-the-go nap or some tummy time.
And this foldable changing station doesn’t lose any of its practicality or storage space. Like any good diaper bag, it’s got plenty of room to store spare diapers, clothes, bottles, wipes, and pacifiers, and it can be easily secured to a stroller.
- Literally ingenious – one of the best concepts in terms of all baby products
- Also has a removable changing mat, so you don’t have to use the station when your baby gets too big
- Tons of storage space and has a USB port
- Doubles up as a travel crib
- Waterproof and cute
- A lot of babies 8+ months may be too big to fit in the deployed changing station
- Some reviews report faults with the way the changing station folds out
The Munchkin Brica Out-n-About Collapsible Trunk Organizer & Diaper Changing Station is an efficient and convenient solution for busy parents on the move.
The Munchkin Brica Out-n-About Trunk Organizer and Changing Station are designed to make traveling with your baby stress-free and organized. It keeps everything you need within arm’s reach with multiple storage pockets, including two large compartments for extra clothes, shoes, and supplies.
This organizer provides storage space and has a diaper changing pad, wipes case, and disposable diaper bags. These features enable you to transform your trunk into an instant diaper-changing station, giving you quick access to all your essentials without relying on public restrooms.
Made with durable, easy-to-clean material, this trunk organizer will last through multiple children. The collapsible design makes it easy to store when not in use, while the Extra-Grip traction pads help keep the organizer in place during travel. Bring convenience and organization to your car with the Munchkin Brica Out-n-About Collapsible Trunk Organizer & Diaper Changing Station.
- Multiple storage pockets for organization
- Includes essential baby care items
- Durable and easy-to-clean material
- It may not fit all car trunk spaces
- Wipes case may not be suitable for all wipe brands
- Additional diaper disposal bags are sold separately
Alpine Muffy, Baby Ear Protection, is an excellent choice for parents seeking practical and comfortable noise-reduction earmuffs for their babies and toddlers up to 36 months.
Alpine Muffy Baby Ear Protection is designed to safeguard your baby’s hearing during their early years, as loud sounds can be harmful, causing potential hearing damage or impairing a good night’s sleep afterward. Tested and certified to reduce noise by 23 dB, these earmuffs provide excellent protection during busy events and are essential baby travel accessories.
The Muffy Baby ear protection is specially designed with a soft headband that fits smoothly without adding pressure on a baby’s fontanel, ensuring comfort and safety. Multiple layers of noise-reducing foam and soft padding within the ear caps offer good closure, further enhancing the effectiveness of the earmuffs.
Featuring an adjustable and safe design, the Alpine Muffy Baby is a perfect fit for various head sizes. The upgraded headbands are anti-slip, comfortable, and easily adaptable to your baby’s needs. With a carrying pouch included and made of hypoallergenic material, these white noise machine well-canceling headphones offer a great combination of convenience, safety, and Dutch design.
- Protects baby’s hearing from loud noises
- Comfortable design without pressure on the fontanel
- Adjustable and safe with no complex components
- It may require some adjustment to achieve a perfect fit
- A bit tricky to put on for first-time users
- Extra care is needed to ensure proper alignment with the baby’s ears
If you’re looking for a convenient and reliable solution to keep your baby’s sippy cups and bottles off the floor, the PBnJ Baby SippyPal is a top choice.
The PBnJ Baby SippyPal is a mom-invented accessory designed to securely attach your baby’s sippy cups, bottles, and toys to strollers, travel car seats, high chairs, and shopping carts, an essential travel companion for families. Its patented push-button buckle ensures a tight grip, preventing little hands from removing the cups and bottles while keeping them off the floor and away from dirt.
One of the most significant advantages of the SippyPal is its adjustability – the strap can be easily adjusted to fit a wide range of cup and bottle sizes from popular brands such as Gerber, NUK, Munchkin, and Avent. The non-slip material on the back of the strap provides additional grip, keeping your baby’s items securely in place.
Cleaning the SippyPal is hassle-free – simply hand wash and air dry as needed. Please be aware that the SippyPal should not be used during naps, nighttime, or when your baby is unsupervised.
- Patented push-button buckle for a secure hold
- Adjustable to fit various cup and bottle sizes
- Easy to clean by hand-washing and air-drying
- Not recommended for use during naps or nighttime
- Requires adult supervision when in use
- Some parents may find the price slightly high
Are you breast-pumping? An electric pump is another bulky item you need to worry about, and it’s going to be more than a bit frustrating on a flight if the battery dies and you have to pump.
A small manual pump is a great bit of kit for those who are breastfeeding and pumping, especially if you’re traveling. They’re pretty inexpensive, and a good one that fits with your breast is almost as effective as an electric pump – some actually prefer these!
You can easily fit one of these in your carry-on luggage, and this one from Dr. Brown comes with a nipple for toddlers and babies who are bottle-feeding. It’s also very easy to clean on the go.
- Cheap and effective
- Comes with nipple for bottle feeding
- Contributes virtually nothing to your overall luggage weight
- This one might not fit all breasts (there are tons of different ones on the market, all cheap – shop around!)
A pro move for any parents with kids having formula is to portion individual servings of powdered formula into tubs and throw them in the diaper bag ready to mix for mealtimes. And if your kid is eating solids, it’s not a bad idea to pack some meals in the bag too.
This set of stackable containers locks together in a stack with a cute carry handle. It’s a cheap, ergonomic way of storing dry formula small meals, handy snacks, or even medicines on the go. Plus, they’re non-toxic, BPA, phthalate, and PVC-free.
- Very cheap
- Extremely ergonomic
- Measurements on the side
- Totally food-safe, non-toxic, BPA, phthalate and PVC-free
- Doesn’t keep food warm
- Not the best pouring lip
The trouble with powdered formula is that you either have to bring water with you (you should anyway, at least just for you), or find a clean, safe water source on your travels in order to mix it. I highly recommend bringing travel-sized, ready-made formula in addition to powder as a handy failsafe.
There are a few downsides to bringing this stuff. Number one is that it adds weight to your bag, number two is that not all kids will like all formulas (mine likes Similac baby formula but shuns Enfamil), number three is that it’s considerably more expensive than powder, and lastly, I haven’t found one that doesn’t smell like Hades. That said, I and many other parents will tell you that these are lifesavers on the go.
- Small enough to fit inside baby bags and pockets
- Ready to eat, and not reliant on finding water to mix
- REALLY useful in a pinch
- More expensive than powdered formula
- Smellier than almost everything
See Related: How to Pack Formula for Air Travel
When traveling with babies who are just moving over to solid foods, it’s absolutely essential that you bring food with you rather than rely on what you might be able to find at your destination. Tubs can be a nightmare for carrying food in bulk, so you want to look into food pouches.
These Happy Baby food pouches are three-ingredient, perfectly portioned meals for stage-2 feeding babies and snacks for small children (and me – not gonna lie, they’re quite moreish). They come in a bunch of flavors, using all-natural ingredients, and are easy to stuff into all sorts of pockets, making them ideal for anyone traveling with a baby.
- Organic natural ingredients
- Packs flat in any sort of luggage, compartment or pocket
- Not terribly durable
- The TSA will only let you carry three pouches in your carry on
Buying Guide for Essential Baby Travel Items
Regarding baby gear, we know how important it is to choose the right products that keep your little one comfortable, practical, and easy to use. In this buying guide, we’ll discuss some key features to look for when selecting the best travel gear for babies.
Weight and Portability
First and foremost, consider the weight and portability of the items you’re purchasing. Lightweight and compact designs are ideal for your travel essentials, as they can easily fit into your vehicle or luggage. Focus on products that are easy to fold, disassemble or store when unused.
Comfort and Safety
Your baby’s comfort and safety should be top priorities when choosing travel gear. Look for items that provide adequate padding and support and harness systems that secure your baby properly. Additionally, check whether the products meet the necessary safety standards and certifications.
Adaptability and Versatility
Travel gear that can grow with your child or adapt to various situations is a smart investment. Consider items with multiple configurations or adjustable features to accommodate your baby’s changing needs as they grow.
Easy to Clean
You’ll likely be dealing with spills and messes during your travels, so choose gear that is easy to clean. Materials that are water-resistant or machine-washable make clean-up much simpler.
Price and Quality
Finally, consider the price and quality of the products. While price is not always an indicator of quality, it’s essential to balance affordability and durability. Read reviews, compare prices, and find products that offer good value while still ensuring the safety and comfort of your baby.
Baby Travel Essentials and Diaper Bag Essentials
When traveling with a baby or a toddler still in diapers, the diaper or baby bag is to the parent as the rifle is to the marine and the lightsaber to the Jedi – it is your life. Anywhere you go with the baby, the bag goes too.
A good baby bag is going to have room for all the essentials needed to deal with a few messy diapers while you’re out and about, but a great diaper bag is going to have room for some of your stuff as well. If you pack smart, you can double your baby bag up as a carry-on bag, purse, or day sack. Heck, find a big enough one and maximize your packing game with packing cubes.
Ensure you get a bag that at least comes with a changing mat – otherwise, you just bought yourself a backpack. Here are a few essentials to pack for every outing:
- Diapers – Duh.
- Diaper Cream – For sore bottoms (and it’s not the worst thing in the world for your dry skin).
- Baby Wipes – A core component in the changing process, and one of the world’s most useful cleaning tools. Seriously, they clean everything, and you can forgo burp cloths. Bring more than you think you’ll need.
- Doggy Poop Bags – These are great for keeping dirty diapers and soiled clothes separate from the rest of your bag’s contents until you can find a way of dealing with them properly.
- Powdered Formula and Ready-Made Formula – Not all kids like formula, but for those that do, rely on powder to save money and get small, travel-sized ready-made bottles of formula for trips.
- Water – For you and the beeb if they’re at that stage. Water is also necessary for mixing powdered formula.
- Changes of Clothes – Think about four changes of clothes per baby and one spare T-shirt per adult.
- Sunhat – Babies’ heads are fragile things, so protect yours from the ravages of the sun’s rays.
- Sunscreen – Make sure you lather the little one up!
- Bibs – Especially if they’re enjoying solid food.
- Pacifiers and Teething Toys – Give those young gums something to gnash on. Finding ones with clips or cords to lash to bags car seats and the babies themselves is a good idea. Which reminds me…
- Pacifier Clips – We’re not all made of pacifier money.
- Sleep Sack– Easy to stash and popular among most babies, a sleep sack is a top thing to include for impromptu naps.
What are must-have baby travel gear items for a trip or vacation with an infant?
What are the best travel strollers for infants or toddlers?
It depends on what sort of trip you’re taking. If you’re on a road trip with a bi enough trunk or you know there’s going to be a lot of walking, you might want something with big wheels like a jogging or hiding stroller.
These are generally easier to maneuver than smaller wheeled strollers. If you have a small trunk or are flying, you should try a lightweight, compact travel stroller that folds easily.
What are some tips for packing a diaper bag or travel essentials for a baby?
– Get into the habit of checking your bag has everything you need before you head out.
– Make sure diapers, wipes, cream, doggy bags, and the changing mat are all easily accessible.
– Ready-made formula is a lifesaver, as are doggy poop bags.
– Make sure to bring food and fluids for the baby (and maybe your own water bottle and some snacks).
– Wherever you go, bring enough supplies for at least 24 hours.
- The Ultimate Beach Packing List: What to Bring to the Beach
- Best Carry-On Essentials for Travel
- How to Pack for a Month-Long Trip [Step-by-Step Guide]
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
James is a British-American writer and editor for Via Travelers who has been writing since he was wee. As someone who has spent much time trotting around the globe, James appreciates traveling smart and comfortably, and has every intention of helping VT’s readers do the same!