We take pride in providing authentic travel recommendations based on our own experiences. We may earn a commission when you purchase a product or book a reservation. Learn more ›
I can’t be the only one who collapses from exhaustion caused by trudging through sand in flip-flops under a mountain of gear. These are the best beach bags with coolers.
A while back, I considered investing in these workouts to give me some muscle and a “beach body.” But then I came to my senses and realized I was more of a walk-around-the-block-for-exercise type of gal.
Which meant the beach was going to get whatever body I gave it. Doesn’t the hike from the parking lot or VRBO to the water count as a beach body workout?
That’s why I went on a quest to find a way to condense the amount of luggage I seem to always saddle myself with when I go to the beach.
My goal was to find the perfect beach bag/cooler combo. One that would fit all my beach necessities, ice-cold waters/wines, bottle opener, AND lots of snacks. I researched and tested the highest-rated beach bags with soft-sided coolers and ranked them by price, style, customer review, features, and best-use scenarios.
Keen to share my newfound wisdom, I created this list to help you decide which bag will work for you. And even though you came here to find the best cool bag ever, you should also consider what type of travel insurance you need.
Go check them out because if there’s anything worse than blistered feet and sunburnt shoulders, it’s out-of-pocket expenses because some unforeseen event interrupted your trip!
Let’s see which cool bag on our list will fit your beach needs. These bags pack a lot for a full day of family fun at the beach.
- Best Beach Bags with Coolers by Category
- Best Cooler Bag for Families
- 1. FITFORT Mesh Beach Tote Bag with Detachable Beach Cooler Bag
- 2. Savvy Outdoors Large Beach Tote
- 3. Odyseaco Mesh Beach Bag Tote with Insulated Cooler
- Best Beach Cooler Bags for Singles or Couples
- 4. Business & Pleasure Cooler Bag
- 5. Beach Bag with Lightweight Fold-Up Beach Mat & Built-in Cooler
- 6. Jiana Beach Tote
- Best Bags for Style
- 7. Bluboon Mesh Beach Bag with Cooler
- 8. AmHoo Insulated Lunch Box Cooler Backpack
- 9. Matein Backpack Beach Cooler
- Best for Serious Beach Trips
- 10. YETI Camino Carryall
- 11. Cibaabo Beach Bag
- 12. F-Color Beach Bag
- 13. Carhartt 2-in-1 Insulated Cooler Backpack
- Best Beach Cooler Bags for Multiple Purposes
- 14. Mesh Beach Bag
- 15. Btoop Beach Tote and Cooler Bag
- 16. Matein Beach Bag
- 17. YAWEWYA Mesh Beach Tote Bag with Detachable Beach Cooler
- Are cooler bags worth it?
- Do insulated bags work as well as coolers?
- How long does a cooler bag stay cold without ice?
- Do you need a cooler for the beach?
Best Beach Bags with Coolers by Category
|Most Durable||YETI Camino Carryall|
|Best Versatility||Carhartt 2-in-1 Insulated Cooler Backpack|
|Best Style||Business & Pleasure Cooler Bag|
|Best Value||Foundry by Fit + Fresh|
Best Cooler Bag for Families
1. FITFORT Mesh Beach Tote Bag with Detachable Beach Cooler Bag
Oversized and in pretty powder-blue or pink, FITFORT Mesh Beach cooler bags have adjustable shoulder straps, zipper closures, a mesh lining, and plenty of room for all your essentials.
The soft-sided coolers attach below the totes with a zipper and can be used independently. The bag can keep up to 12 drinks cooler.
- Lots of storage space
- A zipper at the top opening keeps belongings secure
- Bulky if not full
- Cooler bag smallish
- The manufacturer recommends using cold packs instead of ice
2. Savvy Outdoors Large Beach Tote
The Savvy Outdoors Large Beach cooler bag is another great option for families. It has an insulated cooler bag inside and other compartments for beach stuff.
Phones and keys can be stowed in the smaller pockets on the outside. The straps make it comfortable to carry. It also comes with two microfiber towels.
- Zipper closure
- The cooler bag is removable
- Not much structure
- Not leakproof
- Reviewers reported thin towels
3. Odyseaco Mesh Beach Bag Tote with Insulated Cooler
This super roomy option by Odyseaco has reinforced handles and a 9-inch shoulder drop for maximum comfort.
You can pack a lot of towels in this choice for the best beach bag, and it’s suitable for camping trips and picnics. It’s also waterproof and lightweight.
- Zippered, mesh upper tote section
- Two exterior pockets
- Little structure when not full
- The cooler bag is not detachable
- Cooler is not as roomy compared to the tote
Best Beach Cooler Bags for Singles or Couples
Sometimes, you want to take a book, some cold drinks, and a snack or two for well-deserved alone time. These bags are just the right size.
4. Business & Pleasure Cooler Bag
Quite stylish but also functional, Business & Pleasure Cooler Bags have large enough space to carry your beach picnic lunch for two.
You can also carry snacks for the whole family and up to 12 cans or bottles (but you don’t have to). Your drinks will stay cold thanks to the insulated lining.
The bag’s fabric is easy to wipe clean and has a comfortable shoulder strap. A small front pocket holds your bottle opener, keys, phones, and sunblock.
- Stylish look
- Not bulky
- Good size
- More cute than durable
- Some reviewers thought the yellow shade was more pale than expected
See Related: Best Gifts for Couples Who Love to Travel
5. Beach Bag with Lightweight Fold-Up Beach Mat & Built-in Cooler
The Raytix Beach Bag with mat and cooler will easily transport all your beach necessities like towels, sunblock, your lunch on the beach, and a book or two.
Plus, it comes with its beach mat, perfect for two. The cooler bag holds up to 12 cans/hard seltzer for the ultimate relaxing beach day.
- Made of mesh so it stays cleaner
- Zippered closure
- Front pocket
- The beach bag part is on the small side
- The strap is a bit short for hanging off the shoulder
- The cooler bag is not detachable
6. Jiana Beach Tote
Fun-looking and stylish, the Jiana Beach Tote is another option for those lovely days when you’re eating at the beach–blissfully alone.
The cooler bag part is detachable by a zipper and can be carried independently. It has space for 14 cans, so it’s more spacious than it appears. Best of all, you can fold it up and pack it in your luggage. Reviewers highly rated this bag!
- Zips at the top
- Detachable roomy cooler bag
- Cooler tends to leak
- The tote section is on the large side unless you have several towels to carry
Best Bags for Style
Bags that look great on the beach, at the park, or in the city.
7. Bluboon Mesh Beach Bag with Cooler
The Bluboon Mesh Beach Bag is a spacious zippered tote-style bag. An insulated cooler bag is attached to the bottom.
The upper tote bag is made of mesh, which is great for holding wet towels, bathing suits, and clothes. A small outside pocket holds keys and phones and closes with a zipper.
- Handles are padded for comfort
- Choice of attractive designs
- Could be bigger
- Cooler bags are not waterproof, so cold packs needed
- There is not much structure in either bag
See Related: Best Wheeled Garment Bags for Travel
8. AmHoo Insulated Lunch Box Cooler Backpack
The AmHoo Insulated Lunch Box Cooler Backpack is super easy on your shoulders. It has two spacious compartments. The lower part is an insulated cooler bag good for transporting bottles and cans and keeping them cool when you use cold packs. The top of the pack has a zipper enclosure to protect your stuff from the sun and the sand.
- Keeps drinks and food cooler for a long time
- YYK zipper is durable and waterproof
- Not as roomy as others
- Some users report that the lining of their cooler bags ripped
- Can tip over if the bottom is empty
9. Matein Backpack Beach Cooler
The bottom section holds your drinks, snacks, and lunch. It’s thickly insulated and durable. And you all? It has pockets!
- The cooler is insulated and leakproof zipper
- Good storage capacity
- Laptop compartment
- Not structured
- The storage area can take room away from the cooler part
Best for Serious Beach Trips
To you, beach time is a serious pursuit with no one around to bug you. There may or may not be a boat involved.
10. YETI Camino Carryall
Waterproof exterior, puncture-proof, and super sturdy, this YETI cooler bag is for those who come to the beach to play hard and relax hard…if that’s a thing.
It’s easy to wipe clean and has a large opening. The pockets are zippered, and the bottom is molded to keep the bag upright. There will be no water getting inside this tank to ruin your stuff. Comes in your choice of bright colors.
- Very sturdy and won’t fall over
- Choice of colors
- No zipper to keep the bag closed
- Some reviewers commented the bag was a heavy-duty tote
11. Cibaabo Beach Bag
You can pack a lot of beach stuff in the oversized Cibaabo Beach Bag. It has an external pocket that closes with a zipper to carry personal items.
The cooler bag keeps your beach food and drinks cold while you’re throwing the football or riding the waves. The mesh upper tote will ensure your clothes stay free of odors.
- Lightweight and good all-around cheap beach bag
- Large and roomy
- Breathable mesh
- Cooler bag is not detachable
- No structure when emptied
12. F-Color Beach Bag
The ultra-durable F-Color Beach Bag works great for the beach, the pool, picnics, family activities, and more. This strong beach bag is huge, with one big pocket and eight additional exterior pockets to hold all the little things active families need.
The insulated cooler bag attaches to the tote with two-sided buckles that look fantastic and practical. It also has four loops for hanging sunnies and keys. Finally, a 9-inch padded shoulder strap saves you from red marks.
- Made from durable polyester
- Zippered closure
- Cooler tends to leak
- Bag won’t stand up if cooler is attached
- Taller people might prefer a longer shoulder strap
See Related: Best Travel Toiletry Bags
13. Carhartt 2-in-1 Insulated Cooler Backpack
The Carhartt 2-in-1 cooler backpack has an insulated lower compartment and a bigger main compartment. It also has mesh pockets, a good option for carrying gear, personal belongings, and food/beverages.
Plus, it looks all cool and tactical, especially in black. This is it if you’re looking for a cooler/bag/backpack combo that can go from the worksite or campsite to the beach or on a hike.
- Well-made in heavy-duty poly construction
- Water repellent, even in rain
- With an ice pack, items will stay cold for 24 hours
- Loses structure if the bottom is empty
- No loops for hanging items outside of the pack
Best Beach Cooler Bags for Multiple Purposes
If you like your totes to serve more than a single purpose, these bags can be taken to more places than just the beach.
14. Mesh Beach Bag
A mesh beach bag with an upper tote and a detachable insulated cooler bag on the bottom for a 2-in-1 beach bag solution. Bring towels and books in the roomy tote, and keep your drinks and sandwich cooler at the bottom.
But as it comes in a stylish black instead of bright colors or beachy stripes, this bag suddenly becomes much more versatile. Take it to the park, gym, or wherever you need extra storage to keep things cool without looking like you’re heading to Margaritaville.
- Five exterior pockets made of mesh
- One waterproof pocket has a zipper for storing phones
- Wide shoulder straps
- Less sturdy than others
- Reviewers reported rips after a few uses
- Flimsy feel
15. Btoop Beach Tote and Cooler Bag
The BTOOP Beach Tote comes in a very sweet sunflower pattern that works for the beach, poolside, and as a whimsical picnic basket.
The tote is made of mesh to stay clean and not hold sand or dirt. The cooler bag is detachable so you can use it as a summery tote. It also has a zippered pocket for smaller items and a comfortable shoulder strap.
- Mesh keeps the tote clean
- Not structured
- Some reviewers reported their cooler bags leaked
- A bit large if you’re going to the beach alone
16. Matein Beach Bag
Matein’s mesh tote with a cooler compartment is a great option for either the beach or camping. The spacious mesh tote is great for tossing in wet clothes and preventing odors.
Durable with zipper closure, the tote can be separated from the cooler part and carried on for maximum convenience. Or use the buckles to secure the cooler to the bag without worrying about a failing zipper and easily carry them to the shoreline or campsite.
It has two exterior pockets and even a wet-dry bag to keep your soggy swimsuit away from your devices and books.
- Lightweight and durable
- Tote and cooler are detachable
- Large capacity
- Cooler part can leak as ice melts
- More pockets for this large bag would be ideal
17. YAWEWYA Mesh Beach Tote Bag with Detachable Beach Cooler
Made from durable polyester, the YAWEWYA Mesh Beach Tote with Detachable Cooler design and functionality is versatile enough to take to the beach and the gym or yoga studio.
The cooler securely attaches to the tote with buckles and velcro. But when you separate the two parts, you can use the sleek-looking cooler as a carrier for your personal belongings.
- Sturdy and keeps its shape
- Made from waterproof nylon
- Two side pockets
- Velcro can catch on your clothing
- The same velcro straps also attract lint and dirt
- Reviewers commented that some of the stitching looked messy
Are cooler bags worth it?
A cooler bag is a portable insulated bag designed to keep food and drinks cold while on the go. Cooler bags are worth it for those who frequently travel, go on picnics or outdoor activities, or have limited access to refrigeration. They are also more eco-friendly than disposable coolers, which can be reused multiple times.
Do insulated bags work as well as coolers?
Insulated bags are designed to keep items cool for a certain period. They are not as effective as coolers in keeping items cool for an extended period, but they are still a good option for short-term storage. Insulated bags are often more portable and accessible than coolers, making them convenient for picnics, day trips, and other short outings.
How long does a cooler bag stay cold without ice?
A cooler bag is insulated to keep food and drinks cold. Without ice, a cooler bag can typically keep its contents cool for 2-4 hours. The exact duration of cooling will depend on factors such as the ambient temperature, the amount of insulation in the bag, and the initial temperature of the contents.
Do you need a cooler for the beach?
Having a cooler for the beach is essential to prevent food and drinks from spoiling due to the hot temperatures. A beach cooler can also provide a convenient and hygienic way to store and transport food and drinks to the beach.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Jen is a Pittsburgh-based writer with a background in hospitality and tourism. Her specialties include sales and marketing technology and travel content. When she isn’t on assignment, Jen catches up on her many newsletter subscriptions, watches nocode tutorials, and spends time with her family.