For many golf fans, the courses they play are works of art and the architects who design them are legends. Playing on the same green as golf legends like Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods, and Robert Trent Jones is sure to inspire veteran and novice golfers alike.
Sometimes, all you want is an early morning trip to the local city-run golf course, but other times call for the whole resort experience with fine dining, poolside frolicking, and luxury accommodations.
From the windswept hills of Pebble Beach to the family-friendly Innisbrook, America’s most beautiful and challenging golf courses are paired wonderfully with resort accommodations and loads of luxurious amenities. You don’t even have to love golf or know how to swing a club to enjoy your time.
Let’s take a look at all the fun that awaits you on your next golf vacation at one of the best golf resorts in America.
Show Table of Contents
- TL;DR Best Golf Resorts In the US
- Best Golf Resorts in America
- 1. Hilton Vacation Club Mystic Dunes Orlando
- 2. Legends Golf Resort
- 3. La Quinta Resort & Club, Curio Collection
- 4. The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort
- 5. Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
- 6. Arnold Palmer’s Bay Hill Club & Lodge
- 7. Etowah Valley Golf & Resort
- 8. Bandon Dunes Golf Resort
- 9. Innisbrook, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort
- 10. Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa
- 11. Silverado Resort & Spa
- 12. Waynesville Inn & Golf Club, Trademark Collection by Wyndham
- 13. The Lodge at Torrey Pines
- 14. The Legacy Golf Resort
- 15. Quail Lodge & Golf Club
- Where in the U.S. can you golf year-round?
- What is the best time of year to visit Florida for golf?
- Where is the golf capital of the U.S.?
TL;DR Best Golf Resorts In the US
- Best Golf Resort for Budget Travel – Etowah Valley Golf & Resort
- Best Golf Resort for Mid-Priced Stays – La Quinta Resort & Club, Curio Collection
- Best Golf Resort for Luxury Stays – The Lodge at Torrey Pines
- Best Golf Resort for Families – Hilton Vacation Club Mystic Dunes Orlando
- Best Golf Resort for Couples – The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort
- Best Golf Resort for Shopping – Arnold Palmer’s Bay Hill Club & Lodge
- Best Golf Resort for Wine Tasting – Silverado Resort & Spa
- Best Golf Resort with Pet-Friendly Rooms – Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa
Best Golf Resorts in America
1. Hilton Vacation Club Mystic Dunes Orlando
Address: 7600 Mystic Dunes Lane, Orlando, FL 34747
Florida is home to the most golf courses in the United States, and central Florida is a golfer’s paradise. When you stay at a resort like the Hilton Vacation Club Mystic Dunes Orlando, you’ll stay within a stone’s throw of more than fifty courses in Orlando and the surrounding communities like Kissimmee.
Virtually any time of year is an amazing time to visit the Hilton in Orlando, especially if you’re interested in combining your golf vacation with some time spent at the iconic theme parks around Orlando like Disney World, SeaWorld, and Universal Studios. The Hilton even boasts an 18-hole mini golf course, so you can enjoy golf with the kids.
Attractions Near the Hilton Vacation Club Mystic Dunes Orlando
- Hilochee Wildlife Management Area
- Bell Family Farm and Apiary
- ESPN Wide World of Sports
- SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium
- Near lots of courses in the region
- Quiet & spacious suites
- Using the pool cabanas requires an extra charge
- Parking requires paying a fee
See Related: Best Bars in Orlando, Florida
2. Legends Golf Resort
Address: 4552 Girvan Drive, B, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
The Legends Golf Resort and its fairways in Myrtle Beach are built on the site of two 19th Century plantations, the True Blue and Midway Plantations. The resort was designed by Dan Maples and features sublime landscaping throughout the property, with beautiful plants like camellias, azaleas, and crepe myrtle.
Visitors to Legends Golf Resort may play on any one of five courses and may choose to stay on the resort property in one of the resort’s two or three-bedroom condos. Trips to the ocean are quick, too, with the North Myrtle Beach and the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and Promenade a quick 20-minute ride from the resort.
Attractions Near the Legends Golf Resort
- Conway Riverwalk
- Myrtle Beach Boardwalk
- This Polynesian Fire Luau and Dinner Show
- Skywheel Myrtle Beach
- Excellently maintained and challenging course
- Condo-style accommodations are great for relaxing
- The pace of play on the course is a little slow
- Rain sometimes causes the courses to close
See Related: Top Things to Do in Myrtle Beach
3. La Quinta Resort & Club, Curio Collection
Address: 49-499 Eisenhower Drive, La Quinta, CA 92253
The La Quinta Resort & Club is an expansive property with an astounding 41 pools and 53 hot tubs. The Hilton property also features nearly two dozen tennis courts and a full array of dining options from fine dining to sports bars. Rooms throughout the property are decorated in slick 1920s-inspired décor.
The resort is within a stone’s throw of several courses including the La Quinta Country Club, the PGA WEST Pete Dye Mountain Course, Tradition Golf Club, and the Mountain View Country Club. The resort is also close to Palm Springs, which offers loads of dining and shopping opportunities.
Attractions Near the La Quinta Resort & Club, Curio Collection
- Fred Wolff Nature Preserve
- Mountain View Country Club
- A Full-Day Private Tour of Los Angeles
- La Quinta Park
- Massive property with 41 pools and 53 hot tubs
- Free parking available on site
- Some of the parking spots are far from the rooms
- The main pool area and recreational facilities can get crowded
4. The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort
Address: 1 Sanctuary Beach Drive, Kiawah Island, SC, 29455
The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort is one of the best golf resorts in the country with a view of the Atlantic Ocean. Guests may choose from several suite and room configurations with garden views, ocean views, or views of the sand dunes. Beach umbrellas and chairs are available for relaxing on the beach in between trips to the course.
At Kiawah Island Golf Resort, guests will find a handful of restaurants and bars, a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a pair of outdoor pools. The resort offers a free local shuttle to nearby destinations, and the property is also close to other courses like the Oak Point Golf Course and the Osprey Point Golf Course.
Avid golfers will note that Kiawah Island is just about two hours from Hilton Head Island, where you can find some of the best courses in the world. It’s worth the drive for a day trip.
Attractions Near The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort
- Fuji Sushi Bar & Grill
- Osprey Point Golf Course
- Kiawah Beachwalker Park
- Oak Point Golf Course
- Beautiful location with beachfront views
- Great locale for couples getaways
- The food is on the expensive side
- Not all rooms have an ocean view
See Related: Things to Do in South Carolina & Places to Visit
5. Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Address: 8212 Barton Club Dr. Austin, TX 78735
Texas Hill Country is a beautiful area of the state with its gently rolling hills and beautiful blue skies, and the Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa takes full advantage of those views on its 4,000 acres. The four beautiful championship courses are joined by a trio of swimming pools, four restaurants, and a full-service spa. The Omni is an excellent place to meet for a golfing buddies trip or for a birthday event for someone who loves golf.
The Omni Barton Creek Resort is a true golf paradise, but you don’t need to bring your clubs with you to enjoy a long weekend or a relaxing vacation at the Omni Barton. The property is home to some of the nicest staff members anywhere, and their hospitality goes above and beyond for guests. The resort is slightly off the beaten path in Austin, but the drive to this wonderful resort is certainly worth it.
Attractions Near the Omni Barton Creek Resort
- Barton Creek Habitat Reserve
- This Austin and Hill Country Sightseeing Tour
- Wild Basin Wilderness Preserve
- Sculpture Falls
- The gym is enormous with tons of equipment
- Gorgeous views from all of the rooms
- The resort is a little dated
- The balconies are for looks only and aren’t usable
6. Arnold Palmer’s Bay Hill Club & Lodge
Address: 9000 Bay Hill Blvd. Orlando, FL 32819
Arnold Palmer’s Bay Hill Club & Lodge is located in golf-obsessed central Florida and offers guests a 27-hole champion course, as well as a spa and a Junior Olympic-sized pool. Beyond the highly-rated golf course, the resort also gives guests access to a half-dozen tennis courts and an expansive fitness center.
Since this golf course resort is located in Orlando, guests can enjoy excellent weather for golfing throughout the year though August can get pretty sweltering. Thankfully, all the lodge rooms offer stellar air conditioning, and the outdoor pool is the perfect place to relax when the temperature rises.
Attractions Near the Arnold Palmer’s Bay Hill Club & Lodge
- Orlando International Premium Outlets
- Universal Volcano Bay
- Paddywagon Irish Pub
- The Amway Center
- Beautiful property even though a bit dated
- Private balconies on second story offer a beautiful view
- The property is not pet friendly
- The resort could use some additional amenities
See Related: Best Bars in Orlando, Florida
7. Etowah Valley Golf & Resort
Address: 470 Brickyard Road, Etowah, NC 28729
Some resorts centered on golfing command incredible prices, but not every traveler has the resources to go full luxury for their golf vacation. Thankfully, the Etowah Valley Golf & Resort is available for budget travelers interested in an affordable golf trip in a beautiful and serene location.
Etowah, North Carolina, requires a bit of a drive to reach from major cities in the region, but the drive is well worth the time it takes to reach this diamond in the rough. The accommodating staff goes out of their way to welcome guests, and the unassuming and friendly atmosphere makes it a breeze to enjoy a relaxing vacation, even if that includes a lot of time spent at the swimming pools or some mornings playing golf.
Attractions Near the Etowah Valley Golf & Resort
- Elijah Mountain Gem Mine
- Moonshine Mountain Snow Tubing Park
- Blue Ridge Parkway Waterfalls Hiking Tour
- The Salty Landing
- Offers great off-season rates for bargain hunters
- Spacious, clean, & comfortable rooms
- Located in a rather remote area
- Motel-style rooms with doors on the exterior
See Related: Best Things to Do in Outer Banks, North Carolina
8. Bandon Dunes Golf Resort
Address: 57744 Round Lake Rd, Bandon, OR 97411
Bandon Dunes is a fairly new installation, having been founded in the late 1990s. Perched along the gorgeous Pacific Ocean, this southwest Oregon destination is one of the most beautiful places to play golf in the country. However, it does get windy sometimes, so the courses can become extra challenging.
One of the cool aspects of the resort is that the first ocean course built was designed by a Scotsman named David McLay Kidd. Golf originated in Scotland, so having a Scottish course designer garnered instant and positive attention! Since the original course opened, several more have followed, including Bandon Trails and Pacific Dunes.
Attractions Near the Bandon Dunes Golf Resort
- Labyrinth at Bandon Dunes
- Whiskey Run Beach
- Bandon Marsh National Wildlife Refuge
- Seven Devils State Recreation Area
- Course offers gorgeous panoramic views
- Area offers guests six world-class golf courses
- Overall accommodations are casual rather than luxurious
- It rains often in the Pacific Northwest where the course is located
See Related: Fun & Best Things to Do in Portland, Oregon
9. Innisbrook, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort
Address: 36750 US Highway 19 N, Palm Harbor, FL 34684
Innisbrook, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort, is another Florida golfing destination located near Tampa. The property features four golf courses and 620 hotel rooms for guests to enjoy. The resort also boasts six resort-style pools and more than 900 acres of open space offering outdoor facilities like tennis courts.
Innisbrook is an excellent destination when you want to check into your room and have an abundance of activities at your fingertips without the need to jump in a car and travel around. The property features five different restaurants and a spa that offers massage services and a sauna.
The resort is also just two miles from the Gulf of Mexico, so if you do want to get out and explore, there are worthy destinations nearby.
Attractions Near the Innisbrook, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort
- Leepa-Rattner Museum of Art
- Lake Tarpon
- Local Brewing Company
- Wall Springs Park
- Has six outdoor swimming pools and a children’s pool
- Wonderfully helpful & friendly staff
- Rooms could use some updating
- The children’s pool closes a little early
See Related: Best Things to Do in Tampa Bay, Florida
10. Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa
Address: 1 Old Golf Course Rd, Monterey, CA 93940
On the other side of the continent from the golf-loving state of Florida is California, where you’ll find one of the nation’s best golf resorts, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa. Owing to the stellar California weather, you’ll find resorts like the Hyatt Regency Monterey an excellent alternative in the middle of the summer when central Florida gets a little hot.
The Hyatt Regency Monterey is a pet-friendly establishment and is quite close to all sorts of hiking trails and the Pacific Ocean, which can provide the family dog with some much-needed opportunities to explore and play. The city of Monterey, too, is a fun tourist destination with a unique downtown area and an internationally renowned aquarium, the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
Attractions Near the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa
- Dust Bowl Brewing Tap Depot
- Monterey Pines Golf Course
- Coastal E-Bike Ride along Pebble Beach
- Del Monte Beach
- Free airport shuttle & free self-parking
- Excellent location near shopping & beaches
- Some rooms could use an update
- The walk to the parking lot is long
See Related: Where to Stay in Carmel-by-the-Sea
11. Silverado Resort & Spa
Address: 1600 Atlas Peak Road, Napa, CA 94558
The Silverado Resort & Spa of Napa, California is simply beautiful and represents the ideal destination for golf enthusiasts who enjoy splitting their time between the links and wine tastings. The idyllic resort sits on 1,200 acres, offering guests access to a pair of championship courses and quick access to more than 400 wineries in the region.
The beautiful property also features a 16,000 sq ft. spa with more than a dozen private treatment rooms, which is the perfect accompaniment to a day spent enjoying wine and golf. The resort offers quite a few different rooms, too, with price points that vary from budget-friendly to luxury.
Attractions Near the Silverado Resort & Spa
- Black Stallion Winery
- Balloons Above the Valley
- Darioush Winery
- This Napa Valley Guided Wine Tour
- Nice amenities on site like the restaurant
- The course was designed by Robert Trent Jones
- Rooms are a little small
- Some rooms are far away from the course
See Related: Where To Stay In Napa Valley: Best Areas
12. Waynesville Inn & Golf Club, Trademark Collection by Wyndham
Address: 176 Country Club Drive, Waynesvile, NC 28786
The Waynesville Inn & Golf Club, Trademark Collection by Wyndham, was recently renovated and provides guests with an amazingly comfortable and relaxing experience. Some rooms feature large walk-in closets and kitchenettes, and the resort even offers guests a free breakfast.
You’ll love the expansive views of the course and surrounding mountains, which are usually covered in snow in the winter and covered in ski lifts. If your travels take you to Waynesville and it feels a little too chilly for tee time, you might want to pull on your snow gear for a visit to a nearby wilderness resort or ski area like the Cataloochee or Sapphire Valley.
Attractions Near the Waynesville Inn & Golf Club, Trademark Collection by Wyndham
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Wheels Through Time Museum
- Barber Orchard Fruitstand
- Bogart’s Restaurant and Tavern
- Near ski lifts and ski runs for wintertime visits
- Spacious and comfortable rooms
- Doesn’t offer free breakfast but paid is available
- Recently renovated so no more old-school charm
13. The Lodge at Torrey Pines
Address: 11480 N Torrey Pines Rd., La Jolla, CA 92037
The Lodge at Torrey Pines is a boutique hotel that overlooks the legendary Torrey Pines golf course in La Jolla, California. Situated just north of San Diego at the bottom of the state, The Lodge at Torrey Pines is a beautiful and relaxing venue whether you want to visit the course or just enjoy a view of the Pacific from the comfort of your guest room.
The Lodge at Torrey Pines is a true five-star hotel and one of the most luxurious resorts in California, so you’ll find everything from room service to guest robes to spa services on the property. The ocean course can get a little chilly in the winter when the wind comes in off the Pacific Ocean, but the resort is beautiful all year long. The hotel is truly one of the most luxurious in Southern California.
Attractions Near The Lodge at Torrey Pines
- Torrey Pines State Beach
- Penasquitos Creek Waterfall
- La Jolla Surfing Lessons
- Tourmaline Surf Park
- Beautiful property with expansive views
- Spacious, updated rooms
- On the expensive side overall
- Parking is not free
See Related: Best Hotels & Rentals In La Jolla, California
14. The Legacy Golf Resort
Address: 6808 South 32nd St., South Mountain, Phoenix, AZ 85042
With all the emphasis on Florida, California, and South Carolina, you might not realize that Arizona has its share of golfing destinations, too. The Legacy Golf Resort in Phoenix offers an excellent experience, no matter if you’re staying for a long weekend or just a single night. The views here are simply remarkable.
Some of the suites are very spacious and offer multiple washrooms, which is a nice perk when you’re traveling with a significant other who needs just as much time in front of the mirror as you. The rooms offer comfortable patios, in addition to a highly-rated breakfast and a friendly and welcoming staff who are quick to solve issues and ensure every guest’s stay is enjoyable.
Attractions Near The Legacy Golf Resort
- Sea Life Arizona
- Tovrea Castle Historic Area
- Hall of Flame Firefighting Museum
- Phoenix Sunrise: Hot Air Balloon Ride at Sunrise
- Fun destination even if you’re not a golfer
- Rooms are spacious and some have large patios
- Only has one place to eat
- The gym is a little small
See Related: Where to Stay in Phoenix: Best Areas
15. Quail Lodge & Golf Club
Address: 8205 Valley Greens Dr, Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA 93923
The Quail Lodge & Golf Club is another gorgeous venue in California located in a region of perpetual beauty. Carmel, California is a trendy area of California and is just inland from the gorgeous and luxurious seaside community of Carmel-By-The-Sea, which is filled with shops and boutiques.
Even better, the Quail Lodge is also close to the famed Pebble Beach Golf Links, so you can enjoy time at multiple courses in one of the most beautiful regions of California. The Quail Lodge & Golf Club is also a beautiful place for a wedding and makes a wonderful venue to gather with friends and family.
Attractions Near the Quail Lodge & Golf Club
- Pebble Beach Golf Links
- Palo Corona Regional Park
- Point Pinos Lighthouse
- Carmel River State Beach
- Convenient for golfing at multiple California courses
- Luxurious accommodations and comfortable rooms
- Lighting around the property is iffy at night
- The property doesn’t have a hot tub or jacuzzi
Where in the U.S. can you golf year-round?
The southern states tend to offer the best opportunities to golf all year long. States like Texas and Florida offer excellent year-round golfing, and some of the Southern California courses are also available for play in any month of the year.
Central California courses like Pebble Beach are playable year-round, but it does get chilly in the winter. You’ll also find year-round golf in states like New Mexico, Arizona, and the Carolinas.
What is the best time of year to visit Florida for golf?
One of the wonderful aspects of a Florida golf vacation is that you can stay at any time of the year. Some travelers actually book their Florida trips for the winter because the rest of the country is so inhospitable in months like December, January, and February. Any month is a good month for your next golf vacation in Florida resort, but be aware that hurricane season in Florida is from June through November.
Where is the golf capital of the U.S.?
The “Golf Capital of the World” is Myrtle Beach because it is home to more than 80 award-winning courses that sit along 60 miles of the coastline in South Carolina. However, central Florida is also home to dozens of golf courses built in close proximity to one another throughout Orlando and the surrounding communities.
For many golf fans, the courses they play are works of art and the architects who design them are legends. Names like Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods, and Robert Trent Jones inspire veterans and novice golfers alike. Sometimes, all you want is an early morning trip to the local city-run golf course, but other times call for the whole resort experience with fine dining, poolside frolicking, and luxury accommodations.
From the windswept hills of Pebble Beach to the family-friendly Innisbrook, America’s most beautiful and challenging golf courses are paired wonderfully with resort accommodations and loads of luxurious amenities. You don’t even have to love golf or know how to swing a club to enjoy your time. Let’s take a look at all the fun that awaits you on your next golf vacation at one of the best golf resorts in America.
- Best Marriott Hotels & Resorts in the US
- Best Water Parks In The USA
- Best Ski Resorts in the US to Visit
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Kyle Kroeger is the Founder and Owner of ViaTravelers.com. He is a seasoned traveler and entrepreneur. Kyle started ViaTravelers.com to help travelers find their next adventure, whether it’s exploring new places or revisiting old favorites.
He’s a converted finance nerd and Excel jockey turned world wonderer (and may try to get lost on purpose). He loves listening to people’s stories from around the world as well as sharing his own experiences traveling the globe. He loves travel so much that he moved from his hometown of Minneapolis to Amsterdam with his small family to travel Europe full-time.