We take pride in providing authentic travel recommendations based on our own experiences. We may earn a commission when you purchase a product or book a reservation. Learn more ›
For those in the know, Peak Design is a brand that has become synonymous with high-quality, innovative camera accessories. Their products are designed with photographers in mind, offering various options to suit different needs.
After carving out a niche making top-notch gear for traveling photographers, Peak Design branched out and now creates an entire catalog of top travel products. The company is continually developing creative solutions to everyday problems.
Our team spent countless hours researching and testing the best Peak Design products on the market to identify the ones that offer the best value for money, durability, and functionality. Here’s what we’ve found.
- Our Absolute Favorite Peak Design Products
- Best Peak Design Travel Bags
- 1. Everyday Backpack
- 2. Travel Duffel 65L
- 3. Travel Duffelpack 65L
- 4. Packable Tote
- 5. Tech Pouch
- 6. Everyday Totepack
- 7. Everyday Sling 10L
- 8. Everyday Messenger
- Best Peak Design Camera Accessories
- 9. Camera Cube v2
- 10. Travel Tripod (Carbon Fiber or Aluminum)
- 11. Peak Design Capture Camera Clip
- 12. Peak Design Slide Lite Camera Strap Ash
- Buying Guide to Peak Design Products
- Size and Capacity
- Material and Durability
- Design and Comfort
- Peak Design and Sustainability
- Carbon Neutral
- 1% for the Planet
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the top-rated product in Peak Design’s lineup?
- Which Peak Design sling is the best for everyday use?
- Which Peak Design products typically go on sale?
Our Absolute Favorite Peak Design Products
|Product||Size and Capacity||Material and Durability||Price|
|Everyday Backpack||20L or 30L capacity||Weather-resistant materials||$259.95-$289.95|
|Travel Tripod||20lb max capacity, 2.81(Carbon)/3.44(Alum) lbs, max height 60″ min height 13.125″||Carbon Fiber and Aluminum Options||$379.95-$599.95|
|Camera Cube V2||XS, S, SM, M, L||Weatherproof zips and seams, 160D nylon canvas shell.||$49.95-$109.95|
Best Peak Design Travel Bags
Peak Design offers a line of travel bags designed to cater to the needs of travelers and photographers. These bags provide efficient organization and protection while maintaining a stylish look.
1. Everyday Backpack
The Peak Design Everyday Backpack is one of the brand’s most popular bags, available in two sizes: 20L and 30L. This versatile backpack is designed for both everyday use and photography gear storage. Its sleek design, side pockets, laptop sleeve, and robust materials make it a reliable choice for photographers and daily users.
- Multiple pockets and compartments for easy organization
- Adjustable straps for a customized fit
- Available in 20L and 30L sizes
- High-quality materials provide durability and protection
- Higher price point compared to competitors
- Some users may find it too large for daily use
- Travel Packing Cube
- Camera Cube
- Wash Pouch
2. Travel Duffel 65L
The Travel Duffel 65L is a versatile and spacious duffel bag that caters to travelers who require extra capacity for their belongings. Made with sustainable materials, It features an extra-long zip path for better access and easy packing, ensuring total visibility of its contents. The “Cord Hook” handle system is fun to play with if a little finicky, and we think it looks fab.
- High-visibility grey interior for better organization
- Two internal mesh pockets and four external zip pockets for additional storage
- Padded hand-carry straps that are interchangeable
- Padded shoulder strap allows for shoulder or sling-style carry
- Extremely durable, water-resistant
- May be too large for some travelers or as a carry-on bag
- Lacks dedicated compartments for camera gear
- The handles can come loose with a twist
- Travel Packing Cube
- Camera Cube
- Wash Pouch
- Shoe Pouch
See Related: Best Travel Duffel Bags For Your Next Trip
3. Travel Duffelpack 65L
Can’t decide between the Everyday Backpack and the Travel Duffel? Why not choose both in one? The Travel Duffelpack 65L offers a larger capacity to cater to photographers and travelers with extra gear.
It aims to provide flexibility and convenience, focusing on efficient access to your belongings and longer-term travel with the effective waist strap and massive main compartment.
If you’re in search of a solution for one-bag travel, it doesn’t get much better than this. It’s a great option for backpacking around Europe. Read our full review of the Peak Design duffelpack.
- Expands from 45L to 65L to accommodate varying travel demands
- Multiple carrying configurations for ease of movement
- Pairs with Camera Cubes for added storage and protection
- Side access points for quick retrieval of gear
- Comfortable on the shoulders
- Extremely well-made and durable
- Heavier than other Peak Design travel bags
- May be oversized for some travelers, especially those with less equipment
- Travel Packing Cube
- Camera Cube
- Wash Pouch
- Shoe Pouch
- Ultralight Conversion Kit
See Related: Best Travel Duffel Bags with Wheels
4. Packable Tote
The Packable Tote is a lightweight and convenient carrying solution, perfect for day trips or additional storage during your travels. With its packable nature, it can easily be stored within other bags when not in use.
The minimal seams and stress points allow this bag to be durable and withstand the wear and tear of years on the go. The shoulder strap has a sewn-in lining to make cross-body or single shoulder carrying more comfortable, even for hours on end.
- Packs down to a compact size for easy storage
- Perfect carry-on bag
- Lightweight design for convenience while on-the-go
- Internal and external zip pockets for organization
- Can be worn over the shoulder or carried as a luggage-handle attachment
- Limited storage capacity compared to other travel bags
- Not designed to carry bulky or heavy items
- Travel Packing Cube
5. Tech Pouch
The humble Peak Design Tech Pouch is a perfect accessory to complement your photography and everyday carry needs. With its modern aesthetics and thoughtfully designed organization system, the Tech Pouch can comfortably hold various items, such as camera mounts, accessories, and small electronics.
One of the major pros of the Tech Pouch is its versatility, as it caters to photographers and daily commuters alike. The pouch is expertly crafted to maximize space and maintain a slim profile. This makes it an ideal choice for those who need to keep their gear organized and accessible.
Overall, the Tech Pouch caters to a wide array of users with its modern design, efficient organization, and compatibility with various types of equipment. I love it. I’ve actually got several to help me stay organized.
- Modern, minimalist aesthetics
- Efficient organization system for smaller items.
- Versatility for photography and everyday use.
- Durable zippers
- Limited size may not be suitable for larger accessories.
- Might be too small for some users’ needs.
6. Everyday Totepack
The Everyday Totepack is a stylish and functional option for those who prefer a tote bag design. With side pockets and a decent 20L capacity, this bag can easily transition from everyday use to photography gear storage. You can wear it as a backpack or carry it by the tote handles, making it easy to move around.
The FlexFold dividers inside can be mounted vertically or horizontally for maximum customization. There are dedicated sleeves for laptops (15-inch) or tablets. Dual-side zips give instant internal access to both sides of the bag. Plus, the rolltop design allows you to expand the bag to 5 extra liters for 25 liters of storage.
- Tote bag design appeals to a wider range of users
- Ample storage with multiple pockets and compartments
- Durable materials and construction
- The chic, minimalist aesthetics
- Limited size options compared to other Peak Design bags
- May not suit all photography storage needs
7. Everyday Sling 10L
The Peak Design Everyday Sling 10L is an excellent option for anyone who wants a compact, versatile camera bag that can be worn as a sling or shoulder bag. Its customizable internal organization and external carry straps make it easy to pack and carry your camera gear and other essentials. Its durable construction and lifetime guarantee ensure that it will last for years.
This is a great sling for small mirrorless camera set ups, or for every day carry. Peak Design offers the same great sling in 6L and 3L sizes, so if you’re just looking for a small pouch, you’re in luck.
- Reversible padded shoulder strap is quick and easy to adjust with one hand, allowing you to wear the bag as a sling or shoulder bag
- Two FlexFold dividers are great for organizing and protecting your camera gear while maximizing the available space in the bag
- Two external carry straps with Peak Design’s “Cord Hook System” make it easy to attach more oversized items or a tripod to the outside of the bag
- A more streamlined alternative to the Everyday Backpack
- On the smaller side and may be unable to hold all your gear
- The zippers can be stiff initially, but they should loosen up with use
- The bag is a bit pricey compared to other camera bags
8. Everyday Messenger
Designed with input from photographer Trey Ratcliff, this messenger bag is a fantastic camera bag and every day carry. With 13L of space available and organizational pouches inside, you never need to worry about frantically digging through your bag to find exactly what you need.
Can’t fit everything inside the bag? The external pockets are completely weatherproof. The bag is made from a 100% recycled 400D nylon canvas shell to keep everything dry, no matter what it looks like outside.
- Dedicated sleeves for 13-inch laptop, tablet or documents
- Stretchy internal pockets for water bottles, lenses, cords, or batteries
- Weatherproof shell keeps your gear dry and safe
- Padding may not be sufficient for some users, especially if you plan to carry fragile items
- The bag is relatively small, so it may not be suitable for those who need to carry a lot of gear
Best Peak Design Camera Accessories
9. Camera Cube v2
If you’re looking for a great way to separate and protect your camera equipment while traveling, you’ve hit the jackpot. Depending on your needs, you can choose between extra small, small-medium, medium, and large.
They’re designed to fit snugly in all Peak Design bags, so you don’t need to worry about compatibility. The customizable FlexFold dividers make it easy to fit whatever you’re packing.
The large and medium cubes have dual-side zippers and a tear-away main opening for additional access. You don’t have to fear even if your cube gets separated from your bag in the rain. It’s made with weatherproof #8 Ultra Zips™, weatherproof taping on external seams, and a recycled, Bluesign-approved 160D nylon canvas shell.
I recently took the Camera Cube v2 on a fall foliage hunting trip in Maine and I was impressed by how organized it kept me. It fit perfectly into my under-seat bag (the Travelpro Maxlite Tote) and was easy to grab thanks to all the side handles.
I was able to pull it out of the bag easily when I was driving around looking for fall scenes, and when it was time to pack up for the night, I didn’t have to struggle to get all my gear away. It was easy to tuck out of sight, too, when I had to leave it in the car.
- The customizable FlexFold dividers make it easy to customize
- 100% weatherproof nylon canvas 400D shell casing
- High-density foam sub-lining secures your fragile equipment
- Smaller sizes may not be suitable for those with larger camera equipment
- Higher price point compared to other camera cubes on the market
10. Travel Tripod (Carbon Fiber or Aluminum)
The Peak Design Travel Tripod is a highly portable and compact tripod designed for professional photographers on the go. Engineered with groundbreaking architecture, it offers pro-level stability, load capacity, and deployed height while packing down to the diameter of a water bottle.
The Travel Tripod by Peak Design impressed photographers with its innovative design and portability. The carbon fiber version offers all the advantages of a professional-level tripod but at a premium price. With a few minor cons, those searching for a reliable and portable tripod might want to consider the Peak Design Travel Tripod (Carbon Fiber).
I tested out the aluminum version as well. It’s a bit heavier than the carbon fiber tripod but is much more affordable. I lugged it to the top of Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park but didn’t notice the weight, and was impressed by how quickly I could set it up.
Despite quite a bit of wind on the summit, my photos showed no evidence of tripod shake, and the legs gripped the slippery granite easily. I felt confident setting up some interval shooting and then walking away to enjoy the sunrise.
- Ultra-portable: The Travel Tripod has a compact design, making it easy to carry and fit into most bags.
- Strong and stable: Users report that the tripod provides solid stability, even in challenging conditions.
- Carbon fiber or aluminum construction: Both materials offers a lightweight yet durable build.
- Easy setup: The Travel Tripod is known for its quick and intuitive setup and teardown process.
- Adjustable height: The tripod’s deployed height suits various shooting needs.
- Price: The carbon fiber version of the Travel Tripod is significantly more expensive than its aluminum counterpart.
- Limited accessories: The tripod doesn’t come with a wide range of accessories, and some additional items, such as the universal head adapter and spike feet set, need to be purchased separately.
- No dedicated pan lock: Some users may find the lack of a dedicated pan lock a drawback.
11. Peak Design Capture Camera Clip
If you’re an active photographer looking for a secure and fast way to access your camera, the Peak Design Capture Camera Clip is a great investment. Mine lives on my hiking backpack year-round – partially because it’s a little tough to take it off and re-attach it to thick backpack straps.
The clip is easy to attach to normal messenger bag/backpack straps, but it’s a bit of a struggle with thicker, padded straps. As you can see, though, it’s possible, and once the clip is on, it’s not going anywhere.
However, it may not be the most comfortable way to carry a camera, especially with heavier or longer lenses. There’s no stopping the camera from bouncing if you’re walking briskly, but it does help keep it out of the way and easy to access.
Honestly, I’ve found it most useful when shooting events and sports with a second camera body. It’s also great for relaxing hikes through the Pine Barrens or along the shore. Many of the hikes I do involve a lot of scrambling, and for that, I prefer to have my camera tucked away.
- Securely holds DSLR, compact, and point-and-shoot cameras during any physical activity.
- Quick release button allows fast and easy camera access.
- It attaches to any strap or belt up to 2.5 inches wide and 0.6 inches thick, making it versatile for various activities.
- May not be comfortable for extended periods of wear, especially with heavier cameras.
- May not be suitable for all types of physical activity, such as extreme sports or activities with a lot of movement.
See Related: Best Travel Cases For Camera Gear
12. Peak Design Slide Lite Camera Strap Ash
If you’re looking for a versatile camera strap that can be worn in multiple ways, the Peak Design Slide Lite Camera Strap Ash is a great option. It’s durable, comfortable, and easy to adjust on the go. The Peak Design Slide Lite Camera Strap Ash is an excellent choice for photographers who want a versatile, comfortable, and durable camera strap that can be worn in various ways.
The quick-adjuster handles keep your camera close to your body accessible, while the seatbelt-style webbing provides a comfortable fit. However, the price point may be steep for some buyers, and the anchor mounts may wear out over time and need to be replaced.
I’ve had my Slide Lite (shown above) for at least three years now and haven’t encountered any wear issues. The thin webbing does get a little uncomfortable after hours of wear, but I prefer a minimal strap to a big, fluffy one, anyway.
- The quick-adjust slider allows you to keep your camera close to your body.
- The strap can be worn as a sling, shoulder, or neck strap and reconfigured in seconds.
- The seatbelt-style webbing is smooth, providing a low-profile, comfortable fit.
- The price point may be a bit steep for some buyers.
- The strap may not fit all body types comfortably.
- The anchor mounts may wear out over time and need to be replaced.
See Related: Best Personal Item Bags for Travelers
Buying Guide to Peak Design Products
Peak Design is a brand that has taken the photography world by storm with its innovative and versatile products. From camera bags to straps, they have everything a photographer needs to carry their gear in style. When choosing the best Peak Design product, there are a few features to consider. Here are some key factors to keep in mind:
First and foremost, consider what you will be using the product for. Peak Design offers a range of products for different purposes, from camera bags to travel accessories.
Make sure the product you choose fits your specific needs. They have a wide range of bags, bag organizers, cell phones, and camera accessories, so you can choose the one that works best for your travels.
Size and Capacity
Another important factor to consider is the size and capacity of the product. For example, if you’re looking for a camera bag, ensure it can hold all your gear comfortably. If you’re looking for a travel backpack, consider how much you’ll need to pack and whether the bag can accommodate it.
When in doubt, always look for more room, not less. It’s much better to be in a situation where you have some extra room in your bag then to get stuck not having enough room for your equipment.
Material and Durability
Consider the materials used in the product you’re interested in and whether they will hold up to your intended use. Plenty of Peak Design products are made to be 100% weatherproof, which will keep your gear safe if you get caught in a sudden downpour.
Design and Comfort
Peak Design products are designed with both form and function in mind. Consider the product design you’re interested in and whether it suits your style.
Additionally, consider the product’s comfort, especially if you’ll carry it for extended periods. Some of the bags offer options like padded shoulder straps to make cross-body or single-shoulder carrying more comfortable and easier to manage.
Finally, consider the price of the product. Peak Design products are generally priced at a premium but are known for their high quality and durability. Consider whether the product is worth the investment based on your specific needs and budget.
If you aren’t comfortable spending a few hundred dollars on a bag, Peak Design may not be your brand. However, if you can afford to splash the cash, know you’ll receive a long-lasting, durable, and well-made product.
Peak Design and Sustainability
At Peak Design, they take responsibility for their environmental and social impact. One of their key initiatives is becoming climate neutral by measuring, reducing, and offsetting the carbon emissions created by making and shipping all their products. The company is committed to transparency and advocacy regarding this effort.
1% for the Planet
Peak Design is also a proud member of the 1% for the Planet initiative. This means they commit to donating 1% of their revenue to nonprofit organizations focused on environmental protection and preservation. This helps support sustainable business practices and global conservation efforts.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the top-rated product in Peak Design’s lineup?
Peak Design offers a range of highly-rated products, but one that stands out is the Peak Design Travel Backpack 45L. This award-winning camera bag is designed for travelers and photographers who need an efficient, all-in-one system to carry gear and clothing. In addition, the Peak Design Everyday Backpack is an excellent option as a photography or travel backpack.
Which Peak Design sling is the best for everyday use?
The Peak Design Everyday Sling is popular among everyday users due to its stylish design, versatility, and durability.
Which Peak Design products typically go on sale?
Peak Design occasionally offers sales on select items, such as their Everyday Backpack, Travel bags, and accessories. It’s worth watching their website or signing up for newsletters to stay updated on upcoming sales.
- Honest Away Travel Toiletry Bag Review: Worth the Price?
- The Travelers Guide To The Best Places to Buy Luggage
- Tripped Travel Gear Review: Accessories for Your Next Trip
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Kyle Kroeger is the Founder and Owner of ViaTravelers.com. He is a full-time traveler and entrepreneur. Kyle started ViaTravelers.com to help travelers experience a fully immersive cultural experience as he did initially living in Italy. He’s a converted finance nerd and Excel jockey turned world wanderer (and may try to get lost on purpose). After visiting 12 countries and 13 national parks in a year, he was devoted to creating and telling stories like he’d heard.
Plus, after spending more time on airplanes and packing, he’s learned some incredible travel hacks over time as he earned over 1 million Chase Ultimate Rewards points in under a year, helping him maximize experiences as much as possible to discover the true meaning of travel.
He loves listening to local stories from around the world and sharing his experiences traveling the globe. He loves travel so much that he moved from his hometown of Minneapolis to Amsterdam with his small family to travel Europe full-time.