We take pride in providing authentic travel recommendations based on our own experiences. We may earn a commission when you purchase a product or book a reservation. Learn more ›
Davenport, Iowa, was established in the 1800s and hummed along as a popular destination for German immigrants for many years. During the 1920s and 1930s, the town’s population exploded, a new stadium was built, and the Blackhawk Hotel became the newest luxury accommodation.
Today, the city has an impressive number of hotels that run the gamut from cozy and affordable establishments to luxury hotels and resorts. Let’s look at the best hotels in Davenport so you can choose the perfect place to stay during your visit to Iowa.
- The Best Hotels in Davenport, Iowa
- 1. Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
- 2. The Current Iowa, Autograph Collection
- 3. Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport Quad Cities
- 4. Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Davenport, an IHG Hotel
- 5. Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Davenport Quad Cities
- 6. Rhythm City Casino & Resort
- 7. Hampton Inn & Suites Davenport
- 8. Residence Inn by Marriott Davenport
- 9. Candlewood Suites – Davenport, an IHG Hotel
- 10. La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Davenport & Conference Center
- Is Davenport, Iowa, worth visiting?
- Are there affordable hotel options in Davenport?
- How many casinos are in the Davenport area?
- How old is the Blackhawk Hotel in Davenport, Iowa?
|Best Budget Hotel||La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Davenport|
|Best Mid-Range Hotel||Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport Quad Cities|
|Best Luxury Hotel||Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection|
|Best Pet-Friendly Hotel||Candlewood Suites – Davenport, an IHG Hotel|
|Best Resort Hotel||Rhythm City Casino & Resort|
The Best Hotels in Davenport, Iowa
1. Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
Address: 200 East 3rd Street, Davenport, IA 52801
Hotel Blackhawk is a destination in and of itself due to the colorful history of the century-old hotel. Located in the middle of the Davenport Quad Cities area, the Blackhawk exudes charm and sophistication. There are plenty of places to explore within walking distance.
This Davenport city center property offers excellent amenities like an indoor pool, room service, a business center, and a fitness center, but one of the coolest amenities is the bowling alley. Guests often remark on the beauty of the property and its architecture, but the hotel also offers perks like free parking and a full-service spa.
- Visit River Heritage Park
- Eat at Beignet Done That
- Play a game at the hotel’s on-site bowling alley
- Explore the Figge Art Museum
- Wonderful ambiance and history of the property
- Super comfortable beds
- Doesn’t have the smoothest parking experience
- The property offers bathtub showers rather than modern walk-in showers
See Related: Best Iowa Family Vacations to Take This Year
2. The Current Iowa, Autograph Collection
Address: 215 North Main Street, Davenport, IA 52801
The Current Iowa, Autograph Collection is another beautiful hotel that offers an excellent balance of modernity and history. The exterior facade is very reminiscent of late 19th-century architecture, but the interior is sleek and modern. If you’re in town for a few days and want to feel like you’re home, request one of the rooms that features a kitchen.
Amenities you’ll find at this beautiful hotel include an indoor pool, a business center, a fitness center, and a spa. The hotel is pet friendly, but you may need to pay extra when bringing your pooch to the property. If you’re looking for one of the most friendly Davenport hotels, you couldn’t find a better place to lay your head than The Current Iowa.
- See a show at the Adler Theatre
- Visit the riverfront at LeClaire Park
- Take a class at the Bucktown Holy Yoga Studio
- Explore the German-American Heritage Center
- Offers a friendly “home away from home” experience
- Beautiful and classy Davenport hotel
- Sometimes the parking fills up
- The Sky Bar isn’t open that late
3. Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport Quad Cities
Address: 8300 Northwest Boulevard, Davenport, IA 52806
The Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport Quad Cities is the perfect hotel when you’re looking for a balance between inexpensive and luxury. The Comfort Inn is a bit of a drive from central Davenport, but the simple amenities at this clean and quiet hotel are worth the distance to various tourist attractions.
The indoor pool is open all year, and you can also spend time in the fitness center if you’re visiting in the winter and can’t really get outside to exercise because of the snow. If you’re in town for work, the hotel has a business center, and you’ll enjoy getting to park your car for free without a daily parking charge.
- Visit the Davenport Soccer Complex
- Eat at the Machine Shed Restaurant Davenport
- Play a round at the Red Hawk Golf & Learning Center
- Go have some fun at The Fun Station Quad Cities
- Has an indoor swimming pool
- Guests rave about the comfy beds and the wealth of pillows
- The free breakfast is great, but there aren’t many restaurants nearby for alternatives
- A nearby bar can get a little loud near some of the hotel’s rooms
See Related: Best Weekend Getaways in Iowa: Top Vacations
4. Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Davenport, an IHG Hotel
Address: 4215 Elmore Avenue, Davenport, IA 52807
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites is a familiar brand to travelers everywhere. You’ll find all the expected comforts you need when you stay at this comfortable midrange Davenport hotel.
You’ll find basic amenities like vending machines, baggage storage, and WiFi throughout the property, as well as extras like laundry facilities, a hot tub, and a 24-hour front desk. Where the Holiday Inn shines is in its construction.
Guests indicate that their rooms are super quiet and that it’s easy to get a full night’s sleep without hearing other guests in their rooms. The rooms are in a separate area away from the lobby, so you can return to your hotel knowing you’ll have an easy time falling asleep.
- Play a round at the Crow Valley Golf Club
- See a college game at Brady Street Stadium
- Have a fun afternoon at Big River Bowling
- Get dinner at the Old Chicago Pizza + Taproom
- Has an indoor pool that’s also heated
- The rooms are super quiet for a peaceful night’s sleep
- The televisions are a little small for the size of the rooms
- Some of the furnishings could use a refresh
5. Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Davenport Quad Cities
Address: 4401 Elmore Avenue, Davenport, IA 52807
The Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Davenport Quad Cities offers a clean and updated hotel environment, with basic amenities like free WiFi, free public parking, a fitness center, and an indoor swimming pool.
The hotel offers guests a generous check-out time of 12:00 p.m., and you can show up as early as 3:00 p.m. to check in. Some of the features that guests like best about the Fairfield Inn & Suites include the excellent breakfast, the wonderful exercise room, and the spacious rooms.
- Jump around at the Elevate Trampoline Park
- Take the kids to the playground at Garfield Park
- Get some comfort food at Portillo’s Davenport
- Play a round at the Palmer Hills Golf Course
- A new hotel with sparkling interiors and furnishings
- The workout room is fantastic
- The internet slows down sometimes
- The sofa beds offered in some rooms aren’t the most comfortable
See Related: Best Wineries In Iowa For Tastings and Tours
6. Rhythm City Casino & Resort
Address: 7077 Elmore Avenue, Davenport, IA 52807
The city of Davenport made a relatively recent change to its policy regarding casinos. As a result, the recently opened Rhythm City Casino is one of the newest options.
At one time, the only place to gamble was on the river on a riverboat. Now, casinos can operate on land, which has encouraged developers to build beautiful hotels with casinos.
There are a variety of restaurants on-site. Try Draft Day Sports Lounge with its classic sports bar food or Robert’s Buffet, which is perfect for anyone who loves the convergence of buffets and casinos – feels like classic Las Vegas.
When you arrive, you’ll enjoy the free parking, but you can also use the valet parking if you wish. The property is loaded with amenities, and yet the average nightly price isn’t stratospheric.
- Grab a bite to eat at Thunder Bay Grille Davenport
- Take a stroll at Jersey Farms Park
- Enjoy a fun evening at Nerdspeak Brewery
- Get your golf clubs and head to Hidden Hills Golf Course
- Clean and modern hotel with a fun casino
- Easy check-in and check-out process with friendly front desk staff
- The fitness center is somewhat limited on equipment variety
- The parking lot is large, so you sometimes need to walk for a while
7. Hampton Inn & Suites Davenport
Address: 5290 Utica Ridge Road, Davenport, IA 52807
The Hampton Inn & Suites Davenport, a Hilton Davenport hotel, offers all the amenities you might expect of a Hilton. A free hot breakfast, a pet-friendly policy, and clean and comfortable rooms are all standard here.
You’ll find quite a few delicious spots for comfort food nearby, like the Texas Roadhouse and Bad Boyz Pizza Pub. There’s a fitness center on-site, so you can work off that big burger and fries you had for dinner.
The Hampton Inn is a superb choice for business travelers. It’s also a comfortable spot for families who want a bigger room and amenities that make it easy to travel with kids, like extra beds and cribs for the room.
- Enjoy dinner at Biaggi’s Ristorante Italiano
- Visit the Emily Dickenson Garden
- Take the dog to Crow Creek Dog Park
- Play at Field Sike Park
- A clean and comfortable place to stay
- Conveniently located near several restaurants
- Sometimes, the lobby doesn’t have coffee
- Occasionally, guests can get a little rowdy
See Related: Best Hotels In Iowa City, Iowa
8. Residence Inn by Marriott Davenport
Address: 120 East 55th Street, Davenport, IA 52806
The Residence Inn by Marriott Davenport offers a very affordable per-night price. It’s even better when you consider that all guest suites offer a fully equipped kitchen in the room.
As the name might indicate, the Residence Inn is a solid option when you need to stay in town for a week or more and want a clean facility with all the amenities of a home. In addition, the property also offers a fitness center, a basketball court, and a tennis court to help you keep yourself fit while you’re traveling on business.
You’ll also find free WiFi throughout the hotel, which will help keep the kids occupied in the evening. Ask the property about hotel deals for extended stays; you might score a discount for booking weekly or monthly.
- Visit Vander Veer Botanical Park
- Get dinner at Ganzo’s Mexican Restaurant and Cantina
- Enjoy a picnic lunch at Junge Park
- Get your morning coffee at Atomic Coffee Bar
- The staff members are helpful and pleasant
- The rooms are spacious and feature conveniences like kitchenettes
- The indoor pool is heated but just barely
- The hotel could use a facelift
9. Candlewood Suites – Davenport, an IHG Hotel
Address: 3800 Market Square Circle, Davenport, IA 52807
Candlewood Suites – Davenport is one of many hotels in Davenport that offers guests the option to charge their electric vehicle, so if you’ve rented a Tesla for your Davenport vacation, you’ll have no issues keeping your car charged up. The property also offers multiple safety & security amenities like CCTV around the property and key card access for the doors.
This centrally-located hotel is near the interstate, which makes it easy to reach all of Davenport and the entire Quad Cities area. Further, the rooms are comfortable, too, so you can fill your day with as much as you possibly can and come back to a spacious and relaxing environment in the evening.
- Enjoy some fun and brews at Granite City Food & Brewery
- Visit Veterans Memorial Park
- See an IMAX film at the nearby Cinemark Davenport
- Let the kids play at Ed Scheck Park
- One of the most affordable hotels in Davenport
- The rooms are large and spacious
- Some of the rooms aren’t entirely quiet
- The staff can’t always accommodate late check-out
See Related: Things to Do in Iowa City, Iowa
10. La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Davenport & Conference Center
Address: 3330 East Kimberly Road, Davenport, IA 52807
The La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Davenport & Conference Center wouldn’t normally be the first place you think of when searching for cheap hotels. But, the property does offer some exceptional deals on its room rates, particularly when you book during the winter.
You’ll enjoy a continental breakfast at the property, as well as a super-friendly staff who will make your stay an excellent one. The property is pet-friendly, offers laundry facilities, and features family rooms. The combination of a convenient location and reasonable rates make the La Quinta Inn one of the best deals in town.
- Explore Duck Creek Park
- Learn something new at the Family Museum
- Sightsee at Sylvan Island waterside park
- Visit Rock Island Arsenal Museum
- Awesome water pressure in the bathrooms
- A very reasonably priced hotel in Davenport
- The washing machine has quarters, so you need to have them with you to use it
- The rooms aren’t the most spacious in Davenport
Is Davenport, Iowa, worth visiting?
Absolutely! Davenport offers visitors several entertainments common in tourist-friendly cities, like a ballpark, art museums, parks, and restaurants. The city is also home to a handful of casinos and hosts occasional festivals. Davenport is part of the Quad Cities, which are four cities that span the border between Iowa and Illinois and include Bettendorf, Moline, and Rock Island.
Are there affordable hotel options in Davenport?
Overall, Davenport boasts many affordable hotels, many of which offer 3-star and 4-star amenities for a price that’s much more modest than you might find in a city like Chicago. These hotels are owned by well-known hoteliers like Marriott, Wyndham, and Hilton.
How many casinos are in the Davenport area?
Three land-based hotels operate in the Davenport area. Those casinos include the Rhythm City Casino Resort, the Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf, and Bally’s Quad Cities Casino & Hard Rock Island. The city council in Davenport voted to allow land-based Davenport hotels to host casinos, bringing them on shore from their original position on the Mississippi River as riverboat casinos.
How old is the Blackhawk Hotel in Davenport, Iowa?
The Blackhawk Hotel in Davenport, Iowa, was built in the 1910s and is eleven stories tall. The building is owned by Marriott and is close to the convention center, downtown Davenport, and the Adler Theatre. Over the years, the historic property has hosted several presidents, as well as famous performers and writers.
- Best Summer Vacations in the US
- Best States to Visit in the USA
- Spring Break Destinations For Families
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Kyle Kroeger is the Founder and Owner of ViaTravelers.com. He is a full-time traveler and entrepreneur. Kyle started ViaTravelers.com to help travelers experience a fully immersive cultural experience as he did initially living in Italy. He’s a converted finance nerd and Excel jockey turned world wanderer (and may try to get lost on purpose). After visiting 12 countries and 13 national parks in a year, he was devoted to creating and telling stories like he’d heard.
Plus, after spending more time on airplanes and packing, he’s learned some incredible travel hacks over time as he earned over 1 million Chase Ultimate Rewards points in under a year, helping him maximize experiences as much as possible to discover the true meaning of travel.
He loves listening to local stories from around the world and sharing his experiences traveling the globe. He loves travel so much that he moved from his hometown of Minneapolis to Amsterdam with his small family to travel Europe full-time.