When you’re traveling for fun and adventure, dragging a heavy travel bag around can be a killjoy. To help you put, here is a list of some essential but minimalist travel accessories.
Raise your hands if you are guilty of traveling heavy?
Don’t worry. I am, too.
I often find my travel bags filled with useless things.
From huge handbags to many unnecessary sweaters and socks, irrelevant items often make it to our travel bags.
Moreover, multiple pouches to accommodate our makeup and sanitary items usually take up the most space.
Traveling with so many things means you need to take extra care and also carry a heavy suitcase wherever you go.
However, you can always choose to travel light with minimalist travel accessories.
Table of Contents
- What Does is Mean to Travel With Minimalist Gear?
- Benefits of Traveling With a Minimalist Travel Kit
- Smooth Airport Experience
- Saves Money
- Improves Mobility
- Enables hands-free experience
- Reduces Stress
- 8 Minimalist Travel Accessories For Your Next Trip
- Travel Backpack
- Travel Daypack
- Travel Toiletry Bags
- Comfortable Travel Shoes
- Slim Travel Suitcases
- Spacious Travel Wallet
- Spacious Baby Bags
- Travel Clothing
What Does is Mean to Travel With Minimalist Gear?
Think about pouches with lots of pockets to accommodate all your essentials in one place or a minimalist travel backpack with zips to hold everything together.
How about a wallet that fits anywhere and can carry all your documents?
Doesn’t that sound perfect?
In this minimalist travel guide, I have listed eight essential accessories that can make it to your next minimalist travel gear and also some benefits of traveling less.
Let’s find out the answer to, how to travel minimalist in detail.
Benefits of Traveling With a Minimalist Travel Kit
Do you hate paying for the extra baggage weight at an airport? Or does your heavy backpack make it hard for you to trek on your favorite mountains?
But when you travel with minimalist travel accessories, none of these problems hit you. Here is a list of a few benefits of keeping minimalist travel gear:
Smooth Airport Experience
Minimalism saves you from excess baggage claim, waiting in lines, and losing a bag on the way.
Moreover, taking only carry-on bags decreases your departure time. With no extra bags for check-ins, you can quickly sit on a plane without missing your flight.
Moreover, upon arrival, instead of waiting for your bags to arrive, you can walk straight towards the exit. I have experienced it and loved how quickly I was free from all the formalities.
A minimalist travel kit saves you money. How? With huge and numerous bags, you may have to book more taxis than your expectation.
But in a small suitcase, you may just walk to your hotel.
Moreover, with fewer bags, you save yourself from paying extra for all the excess baggage.
Unless you are Hulk, overloaded backpacks make it hard to travel with comfort.
Moreover, it becomes almost impossible to catch a train or a bus.
Besides, with a few things in your bag, you may not waste time fretting about what to wear. With fewer options, you can quickly get ready and spend more time sightseeing.
Enables hands-free experience
Imagine carrying three heavy bags and finding your way through a crowded city. Doesn’t that feel painful?
When you travel with minimalist travel accessories in a comfortable backpack, you have your hands free. You can then easily access accelerators, push your way through the crowd and safely walk on the busy sideways.
Have you ever worried about losing a bag on a train while traveling? Or stressed about losing your wallet while carrying your heavy luggage?
I have had a stressful journey from Paris to Switzerland once. In a packed train, I had to look after three bags all by myself.
But soon I realized, it’s not how it should be done.
When you travel light, the chances of somebody stealing your things reduce to a great level.
By keeping everything close to you, no stranger may get the chance to steal your precious valuables.
Now that you know how helpful and beneficial minimalist traveling is, read to find out how to travel with eight unique accessories.
8 Minimalist Travel Accessories For Your Next Trip
With these accessories, you don’t have to worry about carrying extra luggage.
They can magically fit all your essentials in one place.
A perfect travel backpack is one of the essential minimalist travel accessories of all time. It is durable, lightweight, and has lots of pockets to keep all your belongings.
However, it should be compact to fit in any small space, such as a plane cabin.
Nomatic Backpack is a multifunctional backpack. You can use it as an everyday bag or as a carry-on for your travels.
The bag expands from 20L to 30L when in use and squeezes when empty.
Moreover, it comes with both backpack straps and briefcase straps. You can conveniently switch the carrying style according to your use.
I loved it on my trip around Europe.
It has a durable exterior with a single zipper that opens to all compartments. With both elastic and zipper pockets, you can organize all your things.
Besides, this bag is completely waterproof, which is excellent for a tropical destination.
- Nomatic BackPack comes with lots of space to accommodate all your essential belongings.
- It is waterproof and durable.
- With an accessible zipper, you can get your hands on even the inner-most pockets.
- It is lightweight with straps to carry it around.
- The bag is sleek and slim.
- The surface coating may scratch off and create permanent marks.
A compact travel daypack can be a great contributor to your minimalist travel gear.
You can either use it as a purse or a laptop bag.
Herschel Retreat Daypack can make a suitable daypack for all kinds of travels and adventures. It comes in different sizes and lots of space.
I have always used it as a side bag for long travels. For things like my favorite book, my medicines and a water bottle, this bag has been a good companion.
The Herschel Retreat Daypack opens to an enormous compartment to keep your laptop. The padded and lined laptop sleeve saves your device from any harm.
This bag comes with magnetic closures. You can conveniently open and close the bag without ruining its surface.
Other than the internal pockets, this accessory also has a front pocket for extra storage. You can either keep in your car keys or sunglasses without losing them.
When it comes to its design, this daypack works for both genders. The black body with leather straps makes this quite a stylish accessory to carry.
Moreover, the padded shoulder straps help you to wear this bag comfortably.
Herschel Retreat Daypack may be durable, but it isn’t entirely waterproof. However, it doesn’t soak water and keeps all the belongings dry.
- Herschel Retreat Daypack is stylish and spacious.
- With padded sleeve pockets and straps, it is a safe space to carry all your belongings.
- The front pocket is great for storing keys or sunglasses.
- The bag is durable and lightweight.
- It isn’t waterproof and may not work in locations with rainy weather.
Travel Toiletry Bags
You may come across many different toiletry pouches. However, nothing works as effectively as a hanging toiletry bag.
It comes with a hook and can hold all your dry toiletries, such as brushes, toothpaste, and clips.
You can always attach the bag with an inner pocket of your suitcase.
The Amazon Basics Toiletry Bag is a beautiful accessory to own.
It is black with a basic design. Nothing too fancy; however, it comes with an inner lining to prevent any leakages and spills.
Also, it is pretty durable. The polyester body can withstand all kinds of bathroom spills.
When it comes to space, this travel bag doesn’t disappoint. Trust me, with a large compartment divided into a mesh pocket and storage pockets, you have enough surface to put anything.
There are also two external compartments for things that you may require regularly.
A well-designed bag with a compact size, the AmazonBasics bag has a minor flaw.
The external pockets close when the respective zippers are pulled down. It may cause the things to fall when the bag is hanging on a wall.
- The toiletry bag from The Amazon Basics is spacious with lots of compartments to accommodate lots of essentials.
- It can easily hang within your bag without taking much space.
- The polyester body makes it entirely waterproof and durable.
- The external pockets close by zipping down, which may lead to things falling.
Comfortable Travel Shoes
Traveling means walking non-stop till you are tired. For that purpose, you need perfect travel shoes.
When it comes to minimalist travel shoes, the idea is to pack footwear that can work well for all occasions. For instance, comfortable sneakers and a pair of flip-flops may be enough to support your long walks and beach days.
Havaianas flip-flop sandals are stylish yet highly comfortable. They come with cushioned soles and a sturdy rubber body to withstand all kinds of pressure.
I have worn these flip-flops on my beach trips and also on my long walks in Germany.
The most common problem with travel flip-flops is that they aren’t sleep resistant. Havaianas flip-flops have a firm grip, and don’t let your feet slip easily.
Available in different sizes and colors, these sandals may prove beneficial in your future trips.
- Havaianas flip-flops come with a comfortable and firm grip to support ant foot size.
- The padded sole prevents your feet from getting tired.
- These flip-flops are heat, water, and slip-resistant to accompany you on all kinds of travel adventures.
- The flip-flops may feel thin to support your feet’ surface.
- These flip-flops make a flapping sound when used for long, which may be very irritating.
Slim Travel Suitcases
It is hard to find a suitcase that is both lightweight, spacious, and stylish.
A sleek suitcase with zipper compartments and expandable features, Freeform Spinner 21 is a great choice to keep all your luggage in one space.
All the compartments expand to increase the overall packing capacity.
Moreover, the combination locks provide top-class security against theft.
This suitcase comes with oversized wheels to support effortless mobility. It also has an inner cross-ribbon to organize your clothes for more space.
The only problem it has is that it scratches off easily.
- Samsonite Freeform is a spacious and lightweight suitcase for long journeys.
- It has expandable compartments for an increased capacity and more storage.
- The mobile wheels support easy to travel on even the worst constructed pathways.
- The security keeps your belongings safe and secure.
- The surface can scratch off easily, giving the suitcase a flawed outlook.
Spacious Travel Wallet
When you are on holiday, putting money and passport in separate bags may not be a practical storage tip. Keeping them together in a spacious wallet may well.
The best minimalist travel wallet should have enough pockets to store all your money, cards, and passport in one accessory. Lewis N.Clark Stash Wallet is a great travel pouch that can work both as a wallet and a handy bag.
This wallet comes with an exciting RFID block technology. The RFID lining ensures all your money and essential documents stay safe from pickpocketers.
It comes with an ultra-thin design and can fit in any pocket of your trouser or shirt. I have always kept this wallet in my front pocket and have never experienced any unfortunate accidents.
Lewis N.Clark Stash wallet has a sturdy nylon body with self-repairing zippers. Also, it comes with multiple compartments.
- Lewis N.Clark’s Stash wallet comes with RFID technology to provide a secure space for all your essential things.
- The thin design makes this wallet perfect to fit in all pocket sizes.
- With a nylon body and strong zippers, this wallet is pretty durable.
- It comes with lots of compartments to carry as many essentials as you want.
- You may find the design a little old-school and less trendy.
See Related: Best Travel Drones That Are Portable
Spacious Baby Bags
Minimalist family travel may involve taking a baby’s luggage along. Since with a baby, most things are unpredictable; you can’t risk keeping limited clothes or feeding essentials.
However, minimalist travel with a baby is always a challenge. Though, you can always get a baby bag to prevent baby things from taking a lot of baggage space.
Zuzuro Diaper Backpack comes with a large capacity and multiple pockets. The main compartment and five separate pockets can hold at least four to five bottles with diapers and milk tin.
Moreover, I also put in some teethers and soft toys for long journeys.
The tote bag is highly durable with soft zippers and a firm oxford fabric surface. The interior lining is made with water-resistant fabric for easy cleaning against spills.
Besides, this bag comes with an insulated pocket for bottles and food and a dedicated external pocket to access wipes and tissues.
You can either carry this bag as a backpack or use the clipper to attach it with your other luggage.
- Zuzuro Diaper bag comes with a spacious design with pockets to keep everything organized.
- The tote bag is highly durable with strong zippers.
- Irrespective of its design, it is very lightweight.
- The inner lining makes it super easy to clean.
- It comes with a clipper to attach it with other luggage.
- The surface of the bag can rip-off in extreme weather.
See Related: Best Portable Car Seats for Travel
Most of you may fill your travel bags with unnecessary clothing items.
The only time my bag was full of clothes was when I wanted lots of pictures for my Instagram account. However, I soon realized it isn’t worth it.
Washable and multi-purpose clothes make great minimalist travel accessories. For instance, instead of carrying a bundle of sweaters, this Amazon Puffer Coat may save you from the cold.
The coat is warm and super lightweight. With a smooth zipper, you can conveniently put it on and off as required. Also, it is easily washable.
Another thing I love is that it is perfect for mild weather. I wore this coat on my Europe trip in April and also in the USA in November.
It worked fine on both continents and different months.
Moreover, it is made with polyester and hence, is relatively water-resistant. In case of heavy rain, use an umbrella.
Available in a variety of colors, you can choose the one that meets your style.
- Amazon Puffer coat is a perfect alternative to unnecessary sweaters and warm clothing.
- The puffer is washable and reusable throughout your trip.
- The zipper makes it easy to put on and off.
- It is lightweight hence doesn’t add to your luggage weight.
- It isn’t water-resistant and may soak in water quickly.
- It may be a little expensive.
- 12 Best Travel Makeup Kits
- 16 Best Travel Backpacks | Efficient Carry-On Options
- 13 Best Travel Toothbrushes | Portable Options That Work