How can you not love the idea of being able to drive a tank? How fun would it be to take that tank you’re driving and crush a car with it? At Tank Town USA, located in Blue Ridge, GA, you get to have that kind of fun.
For as little as $50, you can enjoy being able to drive a tank around the 5 acres of Tank Town with an instructor… and you in the driver’s seat. Tank town is the ultimate heavy equipment playground for all ages.
Tank Town Is Perfect For a Family Visit
For that $50 you are spending, you and a passenger get to have a 10-minute tank driving session. That price also includes having the kiddo(s) come along with you, as long as they are above the age of 7.
Teenagers 15 and over can drive with the instructor! And maybe, after you’ve driven a tank for a while, you want to get the taste of driving some heavy construction equipment.
Another $50 will get you into the driver’s seat of a bulldozer or an excavator! Is Tank Town pricey fun compared to other bizarre tourist attractions? Yes… but how many times can the average person honestly say they got to drive a tank or use an excavator?
See Related: Most Beautiful & Best Vacations in the US
Things to do in Tank Town USA
Crushing a Car Is So Much Fun!
There’s just something ingrained in the very nature of the human soul about being in control while driving a tank and crushing a car that makes for a memorable, fun lifetime experience.
The crunch of the metal, the power of being in control of 15 tons of tank, and the sound of glass exploding underneath your treading is something that will bring a smile to almost anyone’s face!
The cost of a car crush is $499, and reservations are required to make this happen, but if you can afford it, a car crush is definitely worth the experience!
Tank Ride and Driving
Experience tank driving and see the energy of the truck. This amusement park in Georgia offers an exciting tank driving course for those who don’t want to ride; there is also a tank ride adventure to experience.
If you’re not into tank ride and driving activities such as car crushing, operating a true heavy equipment operator, and other mind-blowing activities, can be enjoyed in Tank Town USA.
See Related: Most Beautiful Places in America to Vacation
Now For the Hidden Secret of Tank Town USA
There is one secret at Tank Town that you may not realize: there aren’t any power-driving tanks over at Tank Town USA. That’s because the United States does not allow the sale of operational military armor.
Instead, what you’ll see at Tank Town are armored British personnel carriers that look a lot like a tank and drive a lot like a tank… but aren’t a tank.
It only takes about 30 seconds to learn how to drive one, but the experience qualifies it as one of the most fun AND most bizarre things you can do as a tourist today! If you are planning a trip to Tank Town, the first thing you must realize is that you’re going to get dirty.
Not dusty… you will want to bring a change of clothes because you will be covered in muck! You’ll also see that a wide range of people enjoys Tank Town, from WWII veterans to those 15-year-old kids who are still learning how to drive their parent’s car.
Because of its popularity, Tank Town USA recommends making reservations no matter what you intend to do during your visit.
See Related: Most Beautiful Places in the World
Be Sure To Fill Out Your Trip With Other Bizarre Things!
Would you take a whole vacation to experience Tank Town USA? Of course not! You can, however, enjoy many other bizarre attractions in the area after you visit Tank Town:
- There’s the Statue of Liberty replica modified to become a street lamp, also in Blue Ridge. It’s sitting right next to the old county courthouse in town.
- Visit Patrick’s Pub & Grill, which straddles the state line between Tennessee and Georgia. This bar is unique because the county in Tennessee that contains the front of the house allows liquor, but the Georgia county where the back of the house happens to be a dry county, so it doesn’t let any liquor whatsoever. Patrick’s has stationed a table a few feet from the bathroom so that you can set your beer down in Tennessee and not pee illegally with a beer in your hand in Georgia… without ever leaving the bar!
- In Cumming, GA, about an hour away, you’ll be able to get out and climb around on two of the biggest Pink Panther statues in the world. They’re right along the highway!
- Cumming is worth the drive because you can also experience Booger Hill. It’s a gravity hill, which means the world of physics seems to get turned on its head – as you’re driving uphill, your car will pick up speed as if you were coasting downhill! Booger Hill is a top-rated attraction and is often packed with traffic. It is said that this happens because the ghosts of the local slave burial grounds don’t want visitors, so they pull your vehicle back up the hill. Some people have even said they have found handprints on their cars afterward!
From Tank Town to Booger Hill, the entire Blue Ridge region is filled with fun and bizarre things to do. The only question I have is this: what if I could take one of those British personnel carriers up Booger Hill? Could the ghosts pull 15 tons of armored goodness up a hill in neutral?
- Best Romantic Getaways in the USA
- Best Hiking Trails in America
- Best Places to Travel Alone in the World
Lock In Your Travel Now
Find Cheap Flights
Use Skyscanner to find flight deals. As my personal favorite flight search engine, Skyscanner scours websites and airlines across the globe, leaving no stone unturned to help you find the best deal possible. And if you really want to take your savings to new heights, pair Skyscanner with Going (Formerly Scott's Cheap Flights). With access to exclusive mistake fares delivered straight to your inbox, you'll be packing your bags and jetting off on your next adventure before you know it.
Travel insurance is a low cost way to ensure your travel plans go smooth no matter what's thrown at it. Cover yourself against illness, injury and theft, and protect the arrangements you've made with our flexible travel cancellation insurance. My favorite options for travel insurance are:
Book Your Accommodation
In order to capture the widest selection of properties and the best price, use Booking.com as they have the cheapest rates for guesthouses, hotels, luxury condos, B&Bs and so much more.
Want More Destination Ideas Direct to Your Inbox?
Be sure to join the ViaTravelers Newsletter for expert tips, tricks and inspiration for your next travel journey!
Discover the Best Travel Tools
Be sure to visit our page on our favorite travel resources to learn how you too can visit over 10 countries in year.