Florida is one of the most popular destinations for tourists in the United States, welcoming more than 130 million visitors every year. With hundreds of miles of coastline along the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico, Florida is an incredible place for resorts.
What makes a location one of the best resorts in Florida? Is it the size of the pool? The comfortable beds? The amenities? For many Florida travelers, it’s a combination of stellar amenities, delicious on-site restaurants, and attentive staff who go out of their way to create an enjoyable experience.
Let’s take a look at some of the fabulous resorts in Florida and what makes them the cream of the crop when it comes to vacationing in The Sunshine State.
Show Table of Contents
- TL;DR: Best Places to Stay in Florida
- Best Resorts in Florida
- 1. St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
- 2. Pelican Grand Beach Resort, a Noble House Resort
- 3. Eau Palm Beach Resort
- 4. Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach
- 5. Pink Shell Beach Resort
- 6. Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club
- 7. Acqualina Resort and Residences
- 8. Ocean Key Resort & Spa, a Noble House Resort
- 9. LEGOLAND® Florida Resort
- 10. Henderson Beach Resort
- 11. Ponte Vedra Inn & Club
- 12. Waldorf Astoria Resort Orlando
- 13. Grassy Flats Resort & Beach Club
- 14. Opal Sands Resort
- 15. Cape Crossing Resort & Marina
- 16. Little Palm Island Resort & Spa
- What are the best luxury resorts in Florida for a romantic getaway?
- What is the best time of year to visit Florida and stay at a resort?
- Are there any resorts in Florida that cater to golf enthusiasts?
TL;DR: Best Places to Stay in Florida
- Best Florida Resort for Budget Travel – Pelican Grand Beach Resort, a Noble House Resort
- Best Florida Resort for Mid-Range Budgets – Grassy Flats Resort & Beach Club
- Best Florida Resort for Luxury Stays – Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club
- Best Florida Resort for Families – LEGOLAND® Florida Resort
- Best Florida Resort for Couples – Ocean Key Resort & Spa
- Best Florida Resort for Shopping – Acqualina Resort and Residences
- Best Florida Resort for Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties – St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
- Best Florida Resort with Pet-Friendly Rooms – The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
- Best Florida Resort for Business Meetings – Henderson Beach Resort
Best Resorts in Florida
1. St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
Address: 9703 Collins Avenue, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, FL
If your aim in visiting a Florida resort is getting to enjoy spa services, the St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort should sit at the top of your list. The luxurious Spa at St. Regis covers an amazing 14,000 square feet and offers many treatment options, along with Finnish saunas. The resort is also close to shopping opportunities at Bal Harbour Shops, which is a brief three-minute walk from the property.
Bal Harbour is an exclusive community within Miami Beach and the quality and cost of this luxury Florida resort reflects that exclusivity. The resort is also pet-friendly, which is a wonderful feature when you want to enjoy a luxury vacation with your pets rather than putting them in a boarding kennel.
Attractions Near the St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
- Bal Harbour Marina
- Speedboat Sightseeing Tour of Miami
- Bal Harbour Beach
- Surfside Walking Path
- Features a massive 14,000 sq. ft. spa
- Beautiful hotel grounds & right near the beach
- Room service prices are high
- The beds might be a little firm for some visitors
See Related: Where to Stay in Miami: Best Areas & Neighborhoods
2. Pelican Grand Beach Resort, a Noble House Resort
Address: 2000 North Ocean Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33305
When you think of the word “resort,” the first word that might come to mind is “expensive,” but not all resorts cost an arm and a leg. In Florida, one of the best options for families, couples, and solo travelers on a budget is the Pelican Grand Beach Resort, a Noble House Resort. The beautiful resort is in Ft. Lauderdale, which is north of Miami in South Florida.
Some of the cool features at the resort include an oceanfront pool, a private beach for guests only, and a lazy river tubing ride, which is fun whether you’re a child or a child at heart. When you want a view of the ocean from the comfort of your room but don’t want to empty your bank account, the Pelican Grand Beach Resort might be the best resort in Florida.
Attractions Near the Pelican Grand Beach Resort, a Noble House Resort
- Coral Ridge Park
- Stonewall National Museum & Archive
- Bonnet House Museum and Gardens
- International Swimming Hall of Fame
- The pool is heated during the winter
- Wonderful for any family, couple, or solo traveler
- Off-site restaurants and shopping are a little far away
- The televisions could use an update
See Related: Best Beach Resorts In Florida
3. Eau Palm Beach Resort
Address: 100 South Ocean Boulevard, Palm Beach, FL 33462
The Eau Palm Beach Resort is a diverse property that caters to all sorts of travelers, from families to couples. Not only does the property offer extensive children’s programming, but some of the rooms have spa baths, which are a terrific addition for couples seeking a romantic weekend in Florida.
The beachfront façade of Eau Palm Beach is classic, with its palm trees, beach umbrellas, and Mediterranean-style architecture. The resort is popular with repeat visitors who report that no other resort in Florida offers so many superlatives, from the best pool to the gorgeous ocean view to the almost-private beach.
Attractions Near the Eau Palm Beach Resort
- South Florida Science Museum
- Lantana Nature Preserve
- Hypoluxo Scrub Natural Area
- Henry Morrison Flagler Museum
- Comfortable and spacious guest rooms
- All rooms come with stand-up showers and soaking tubs
- The beach area isn’t that large
- Some of the rooms don’t have full ocean views
4. Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach
Address: 2800 South Ocean Boulevard, Palm Beach, FL 33480
Floridians know how to do luxury, and the Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach is a prime example of a 5-star luxury hotel on the beach. Enjoy luxury features like marble bathrooms, direct ocean views, and elegant restaurants during your stay.
The Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach is home to a pair of tennis courts, and guests may also pursue water activities like windsurfing, kayaking, and sailing during their stay. For golfing fans, the Atlantis Golf Club is also within a stone’s throw of the resort. The resort even caters to individuals with special dietary needs, including gluten-free, vegan, and Kosher diets.
Attractions Near the Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach
- Benny’s on the Beach Oceanwalk
- Snook Islands Natural Area
- Mathews Brewing Company
- Lake Worth Beach Park
- Super helpful concierge and staff
- Has electric vehicle charging stations
- The yoga classes are on sand instead of a firm surface
- There’s no hair salon on site
5. Pink Shell Beach Resort
Address: 275 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL, 33931
The Pink Shell Beach Resort in Fort Myers is an upscale beach resort on the Gulf side of Florida. One of the reasons you may want to choose a Gulf-side resort is that the Gulf of Mexico is usually warmer than the Atlantic Ocean, which means your wintertime visit to Florida might be most accommodating when you choose a resort on the western side of the state.
The area was recently devastated by a hurricane, but there are serious efforts underway to repair and renew the beautiful community and its beloved resort. The resort is an excellent place for families, and it’s also one of the best places to see manatees, the gentle giants that float through the Florida waterways along the Gulf.
Attractions Near the Pink Shell Beach Resort
- Estero Boulevard Beach
- Fishing Pier Fort Myers Beach
- Dolphin and Manatee Adventure Tour
- Smugglers Cove Adventure Golf
- Has multiple swimming pools to enjoy
- Great opportunities for nearby shopping
- Limited food choices in the bar area
- Pets aren’t allowed (except service animals)
6. Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club
Address: 9011 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33154
When it comes to luxury resorts, one of the most well-known names in the industry is the Four Seasons family of establishments. The Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club in Miami Beach is one of the most luxurious destinations you can find in Florida. Not only does the hotel have a gorgeous 1930s flair, but every facet of the hotel is designed for luxury.
Enjoy oceanfront dining at Le Sirenuse Miami or Champagne Bar & Lounge, which are designed to make you think you’re sipping a cocktail on the Amalfi Coast of Italy. Many of the luxurious rooms at the resort feature floor-to-ceiling windows, which make it easy to admire the gorgeous property and the view of the Atlantic Ocean.
Attractions Near the Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club
- Normandy Isle Park & Pool
- Little Havana Food and Walking Tour in Miami
- Art Deco Historic District
- Miami Art Museum
- Amazingly historic building with modern touches
- Premier location for high-end resort experiences in Florida
- You need a key to get to the beach from the hotel
- Some of the food is on the high side for prices
See Related: Do You Need a Rental Car in Miami?
7. Acqualina Resort and Residences
Address: 17875 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160
For many travelers, the resort you choose is just part of the experience. If you’re seeking a vacation where you can shop until you drop and then spend the rest of the day by the pool, the Acqualina Resort and Residences is the perfect resort. Located in Sunny Isles Beach, the resort is between Fort Lauderdale to the north and Miami to the south on the Atlantic Coast.
The residences and guest rooms at the Acqualina Resort are designed to make you think you’re somewhere in the Mediterranean. Covering more than four acres, the Acqualina Resort offers a diverse array of amenities like a marine biology-inspired children’s program, and it’s only 10 minutes from the slew of luxury shops and restaurants in Bal Harbour.
Attractions Near the Acqualina Resort and Residences
- Versace Mansion
- Jungle Queen Riverboat
- El Tropico Cuban Cuisine
- Playa Sony Beach
- Lots of stores within walking distance
- Complementary equipment like chairs for the beach
- Valet and parking fees are a little high
- The restaurants can get a little busy
See Related: Best Houseboats for Rent in Florida
8. Ocean Key Resort & Spa, a Noble House Resort
Address: 0 Duval St, Key West, FL 33040
What makes a Florida resort the ideal location for a couples getaway? The Ocean Key Resort & Spa, a Noble House Resort, is one of the best resorts in Florida for couples with its private balconies and gorgeous views of the water. The island of Key West is a great destination for couples due to its fun and lively nightlife and the fascinating history of its various tourist destinations.
The Ocean Key Resort’s style is unique, in that all of the rooms are updated, but the architectural style and beautiful decor feels like old-school Florida rather than something sleek and modern in a big city. Key West is a truly unique destination, and the Ocean Key Resort is the best way to experience it.
Attractions Near the Ocean Key Resort & Spa, a Noble House Resort
- Key West Sunset Sail
- Key West Shipwreck Treasure Museum
- Key West Aquarium
- Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum
- Sublime sunset views from peaceful balconies
- Walking distance from all sorts of Key West attractions
- The parking fees are a little high per day
- Some of the signage around the resort is a little confusing
See Related: Key West Day Trip: The Florida Keys in a Day
9. LEGOLAND® Florida Resort
Address: 1 Legoland Way, Winter Haven, FL 33884
Florida is home to dozens of amusement parks, theme parks, and kid-friendly venues, which means you can visit the state again and again with the kids and always see something new. If you’re traveling with young, hyper, and enthusiastic children, you’ll definitely want to try out the LEGOLAND® Florida Resort.
The resort offers fun, themed rooms and is just 130 feet from the entrance of LEGOLAND®. The resort offers a convenient free breakfast to all guests, as well as free self-parking, which is helpful for families on a budget. Ask the kids whether they want a kingdom, pirate, or adventure-themed room when you book your stay at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort.
Attractions Near LEGOLAND® Florida Resort
- Cypresswood Golf and Country Club
- Lake Ashton Golf Club
- The Dinosaur Playground
- East to reach amusement parks from the rooms
- The staff is friendly, helpful, and outgoing
- The park isn’t as appealing for older kids
- The restaurants can get very busy
10. Henderson Beach Resort
Address: 200 Henderson Resort Way, Destin, FL 32541
Henderson Beach Resort is located near the panhandle of Florida on the Gulf of Mexico in the community of Destin, which is famed for its beautiful beaches. The resort offers guests a pair of outdoor pools and a full-service spa. If you’re looking to book a meeting for your business at a Florida resort, the Henderson Beach Resort is an excellent option with its 30,000 feet of meeting space.
However, if you’re just interested in relaxing at a beautiful Florida resort, the Henderson Beach Resort should suit you wonderfully. Choose from a view of the pool, ocean, or courtyard. If you’re traveling with a large party, make sure to request a room with a sofa bed, so everyone can enjoy a comfortable place to sleep.
Attractions Near the Henderson Beach Resort
- Henderson Beach State Park
- Kell Aire Nature Walk
- Indian Temple Mound & Museum
- Joe’s Bayou Recreation Area
- Offers guests super comfortable beds
- Guests give the food at the resort excellent ratings
- Not all rooms have a beach view, and some are blocked by foliage
- Sometimes you can hear other guests in the hall from the rooms
11. Ponte Vedra Inn & Club
Address: 200 Ponte Vedra Blvd, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
The Ponte Vedra Inn & Club is located on the Atlantic Coast in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, which is along the northern part of the Florida coastline near Jacksonville. If you’re a fan of golf, the Ponte Vedra Inn & Club is an ideal destination, as the property has two golf courses. It’s also a great place for foodies since there are seven restaurants at the resort, too.
Ponte Vedra Inn & Club is a great resort to visit when you want everything at your fingertips and don’t want to do too much traveling or driving during your stay. In addition to the golf courses and restaurants, the resort also has four heated pools and 15 tennis courts. The resort even has some shops and boutiques.
Attractions Near the Ponte Vedra Inn and Club
- Beaches Museum & History Park
- Nora Blue Modern Tavern
- Cradle Creek Preserve
- Shipwreck Island Water Park
- Offers golf enthusiasts two golf courses
- The location is very close to the beach
- The property doesn’t have an elevator
- The region is often home to mosquitoes
12. Waldorf Astoria Resort Orlando
Address: 14200 Bonnet Creek Resort Ln, Orlando, FL 32821
The excellent reputation of the Waldorf Astoria brand is known worldwide, and the Waldorf Astoria Orlando is one of the company’s most beautiful resorts. One of the neat features of this Orlando resort is that it’s located on a 482-acre nature preserve, which delivers a quiet and relaxing experience for those seeking peace and quiet.
The resort is also home to an 18-hole golf course, which isn’t surprising since Orlando has more than 50 golf courses in and around it. Relax in one of two swimming pools or have fun on the lazy river ride. Rent a private cabana for lounging by the pool and finish your day with a relaxing massage or facial at the Waldorf Astoria Spa.
Attractions Near the Waldorf Astoria Resort Orlando
- Air Force Fun Helicopter Tours
- Falcon’s Fire Golf Course
- Pirates Adventure Dinner
- Lovely rooms with a relaxing panoramic view
- Great pool area with rentable cabanas and full service
- Room service stops a little early in the evening
- Shuttles aren’t available for all local destinations
See Related: Best Bars in Orlando, Florida
13. Grassy Flats Resort & Beach Club
Address: 58182 Overseas Hwy, Marathon, FL 33050
Like the Pelican Grand Beach Resort, the Grassy Flats Resort & Beach Club is another option for travelers interested in saving a little money on vacation. The resort is located on Marathon, one of the Florida Keys. Marathon is about halfway between Key West at the very western edge of the Keys and Key Largo at the start of the Keys near the Florida coast.
One of the reasons the hotel is more affordable than other resorts in Florida is that it’s a three-star property, which means it offers some amenities but not every amenity under the sun like a five-star property might. You’ll still get access to swimming pools and a beautiful beach, but you’ll find that the property is a little quieter and more peaceful than some of the resorts in big cities like Miami and Orlando.
See Related: Best Resorts in the Florida Keys
Attractions Near the Grassy Flats Resort & Beach Club
- Coca Plum Beach
- Tarpon Creek Bar & Grill
- Curry Hammock State Park Beach
- Dolphin Connection
- Separate pools for adults & families
- Beautiful landscaping throughout the resort
- The bedrooms don’t have ceiling fans
- Coffee starts a little late in the morning
See Related: Best Resorts in Key West, Florida
14. Opal Sands Resort
Address: 430 S Gulfview Blvd, Clearwater, FL 33767
The Opal Sands Resort is a beachfront establishment in Clearwater, Florida, which is on the Gulf of Mexico side of the state. This stunning property has some fun features, like firepits for fun gatherings and a beach-entry pool, which is a great choice for anyone who loves the idea of going to the beach but would rather stay in a safe pool than the wild ocean. The resort is one of the best all-inclusive resorts in Florida.
Virtually all of the rooms at the resort have a view of the Gulf, which means you never need to worry that something will obstruct your view of the water. The property was designed to offer stellar views from every window. Enjoy amazing sunsets from your private balcony when you stay at the Opal Sands Resort.
Attractions Near the Opal Sands Resort
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium
- Clearwater Dolphin Exploration Tour
- Parasail Clearwater
- Pier 60 Park
- Amazing sunsets from Gulf view rooms
- Excellent place to view sea life like dolphins and manatees
- The oceanfront pools and tiki bar can get a little crowded
- Beach chairs and umbrellas require a rental fee
15. Cape Crossing Resort & Marina
Address: 201 Ivory Coral Ln, Merritt Island, FL 32953
Cape Crossing Resort & Marina is located on the Atlantic side of Florida near Cape Canaveral, which is famous for its spaceport and the Cape Canaveral Space Force Station. The resort is a four-star establishment with amenities like an outdoor pool, fitness center, and lounge. The property also offers free private parking.
The Cape Crossing Resort & Marina is an excellent place to stay if you’re interested in spending some time fishing, as Merritt Island offers some terrific fishing spots. You’ll enjoy a super spacious room when you stay at Cape Crossing Resort & Marina, and many of the rooms also have a full kitchen, which may appeal to you if you want to cook your own meals while traveling.
Attractions Near Cape Crossing Resort & Marina
- Manatee Cove Park
- Ulumay Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kennedy Space Center
- The Savannahs Golf Course
- Beautiful nighttime ambiance & lighting
- Spacious residences for large traveling parties
- A little far from outside shopping & restaurants
- The beds might feel a little too soft for some travelers
16. Little Palm Island Resort & Spa
Address: 28500 Overseas Hwy, Little Torch Key, Florida 33042
The scenery, sunsets, and vibe at Little Palm Island Resort & Spa are divine, and this immersive island paradise is truly unique in the realm of Florida resorts. Located in the Florida Keys on Little Torch Key, Little Palm Island Resort is an adults-only establishment, so that means no visitors under the age of 18.
The resort doesn’t have any televisions, and they also request that visitors keep their cell phones on silent to minimize disruptions during the stay (the property used to have a policy banning cell phones entirely!). The owners of Little Palm Island Resort encourage visitors to go “off the grid” and experience island life without all the disruptions of modern life.
A hurricane decimated the island in 2017, but the owners rebuilt the resort as an ultra-luxurious retreat, aiming to become one of the best resorts in Florida. The four-acre island on which Little Palm Island Resort sits boasts just 30 thatched-roof bungalows and offers an incredibly quiet and private retreat for visitors. All of the suites offer views of the water and also boast outdoor showers, hammocks, and fire pits.
Attractions Near Little Palm Island Resort
- Kiki’s Sandbar & Grille
- Little Torch Key Nature Preserve
- Lower Keys Adventure Charters
- Ramrod Swimming Hole
- A wonderfully quiet alternative to the hustle of busier Florida resorts
- Incredibly private bungalows and beach views
- The resort doesn’t have any televisions (a pro for some guests)
- The food is a little expensive – even for a luxury resort
What are the best luxury resorts in Florida for a romantic getaway?
One of the best places in Florida to visit when you’re seeking a couples getaway or a romantic weekend is Key West or any of the islands throughout the Florida Keys. These little islands often feature luxurious accommodations and super private rooms, which means you can get together with your significant other with nothing in the way to disrupt your vacation. The Ocean Key Resort & Spa and Little Palm Island Resort are two such resorts.
What is the best time of year to visit Florida and stay at a resort?
Florida does have weather that accommodates activities like surfing, swimming, and golfing all year long, but it’s best to be wary when booking a stay in Florida during hurricane season. The hurricane season generally lasts from June through November, and large hurricanes can cause incredible damage when they hit the coast. You can stay at a Florida resort during hurricane season but just be prepared to change your dates if a hurricane threatens your resort.
Are there any resorts in Florida that cater to golf enthusiasts?
There are golfing enclaves throughout Florida, and two of the best areas to visit for golfers are Miami and Orlando, where dozens and dozens of courses await. Not only can you enjoy time at a luxury resort, but many of these locations also boast golf courses right on the property, which means you don’t even need to leave the resort to hit the links.
- Best All-Inclusive Family Resorts
- Best Resorts in Key West, Florida
- Best Marriott Hotels & Resorts in the US
- Best All-Inclusive Resorts Without a Passport
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Kyle Kroeger is the Founder and Owner of ViaTravelers.com. He is a seasoned traveler and entrepreneur. Kyle started ViaTravelers.com to help travelers find their next adventure, whether it’s exploring new places or revisiting old favorites.
He’s a converted finance nerd and Excel jockey turned world wonderer (and may try to get lost on purpose). He loves listening to people’s stories from around the world as well as sharing his own experiences traveling the globe. He loves travel so much that he moved from his hometown of Minneapolis to Amsterdam with his small family to travel Europe full-time.