Looking to travel and want to be prepared? We’ve covered you with the best travel strollers, including luxury, budget, and lightweight options.
Traveling with a baby doesn’t have to be hard if you’re well-prepared and know what to pack for your little one. The best way to make your life easier is by filling a good quality, lightweight stroller that will be used as a carry-on item on flights, buses, and trains.
That might include models like the Chicco Lite Way Stroller or the Graco Contempo Click Connect Stroller – both of which are lightweight and offer plenty of space for storage!
We’ve compiled a list of the best travel strollers to help you find the perfect fit for your needs. Whether you need something small enough to take on a plane or a jogging stroller for the mall, we’ve got you covered.
My spouse and I would give up any other thing in the world for parenthood. Our children are our most cherished possessions, and we want to spend as much time with them as possible.
As any parent can tell you, traveling with infants and toddlers is no easy feat. They get fussy and restless. They move around, even more so when they’re not entirely comfortable.
Searching for good strollers became a must for us. Our experiences have taught us a lot about the variety of strollers. We’ve discovered how big of a difference certain overlooked features can make, and we want to share what we’ve learned with you!
Detailed below are what we regard as the best strollers for travel and our total reviews of them. Check them out for yourself and see if they’ll suit your and your child’s needs.
Best Strollers for Travel
1. Best Overall: Chicco Bravo Trio Travel System
This travel stroller from Chicco is one we picked up early on for our second child. We’re starting strong here, seeing it as the best available travel system stroller. Versatility is the standout feature of this stroller. It made traveling from one place to the next together with our child much smoother.
This Chicco creation is an excellent lightweight, compact stroller for travel if you drive around often with your child, as it features an infant car seat and a decent compact fold.
It could use some improvement as a road stroller, but overall, you’ll be happy with its build quality and convenience-focused features.
- Removable Seat and Canopy – This travel stroller can quickly transform into a car seat when needed.
- Adapters Not Required – Adapters are not required if you intend to use this stroller as a car seat inside your vehicle.
- One-Hand Smart Fold Design – Put away this travel stroller quickly using the included fold handle under the seat pad.
- It can be conveniently set up and put away
- Easy to use as a car seat even without certain accessories on hand
- Durable tires that stand up to continuous usage
- Conveniently located mesh window
- Built-in safety features make it a highly secure car seat
- Height cannot be adjusted
- It can be difficult to maneuver over uneven sidewalks
See Related: Best Travel Humidifiers
2. Joovy Scooter X2 Double Stroller
Going around town with two strollers has never been easy for us. We wanted to keep at least one hands-free set if we wanted to make a pit stop for drinks or food! That meant that we needed the best double stroller for travel.
Joovy’s Scooter X2 Double Stroller is a good purchase for parents traveling with twins or infants of similar age/size. It’s a double stroller that accommodates two kids while providing individualized comfort.
The weight of this Joovy double stroller can be an issue, but if you can get past that, this will be a helpful purchase. It’s an ideal double stroller to use if you have twins.
- Individually Adjustable Seats – You can adjust one seat without changing the other, which will come in handy very often.
- Large Canopy Provided – The kids in the seat will get plenty of protection from the sun thanks to the prominent canopy.
- Removable Bumper Bar – You can detach the bumper bar whenever you need to put this double stroller in storage.
- Wheels with sealed bearings are easy to control
- Parking brakes also linked to the wheels
- Plenty of storage compartments and pockets, including two cup holders
- It can be easily cleaned with detergent and warm water
- Peek-a-boo window provided
- Heavy for a travel stroller
- It does not always stand consistently when folded
See Related: LEVEL8 Luggage Review: Is it Worth it?
3. Best Umbrella Stroller: ShaHa Umbrella Stroller for Toddlers
Finding the right stroller for our first toddler was not easy. Toddlers grow up fast, so getting a stroller that comfortably accommodates their rapid growth is necessary! We found that ShaHa’s Travel Umbrella Stroller is our needed adjustable aid.
This ShaHa creation is among the most stable lightweight strollers on the market. Once you figure out the folding issues, you will likely have no trouble using it.
- Features a Five-Point Safety Harness – Your child will remain safe, secure, and undisturbed inside this stroller.
- Adjustable Backrest and Canopy – The easily adjustable backrest and canopy put this item in our runnings to be considered as the best travel stroller for toddlers…when in use.
- Fully Swiveling Wheels – Pivot and move around with greater ease with the help of the fully swiveling wheels.
- Can fit in the overhead bin
- Travel bag included
- One of the lighter travel strollers
- Rust and water-proof frame
- The stroller can be easily disassembled
- Not easy to fold it quickly
- It can be a bit bulky even after folding
4. Summer Infant 3Dmicro Super Compact Fold Stroller
Are you looking for the best lightweight travel stroller? If so, we can vouch for the portability of Summer Infant’s 3Dmicro stroller.
You won’t find a lot of travel strollers that are easier to handle than the 3Dmicro stroller. It’s an ideal compact stroller for whenever you’re on the road, as it is the lightest stroller on the market.
Since you’ll be compromising on weight, no infant car seats or car seat adapters can work. Lightweight strollers are easier to use. You won’t find many other options to outdo this Summer Infant product.
- Ultra Lightweight – It only weighs around 10 pounds.
- Folds Away Easily – Transform it into a lightweight carry-on that can fit in the overhead compartment, given the compact fold.
- Equipped with a Five-Point Safety Harness – It remains fully capable of securing your child despite its lightweight frame.
- The canopy can be adjusted
- Includes a reclining seat
- Handles can be adjusted
- Will stand steady when folded
- It comes with its carry bag
- The seat is somewhat lacking in terms of height
- The provided cup holder is not very useful
5. Summer 3Dflip Convenience Stroller
Life doesn’t take a break after giving birth. You still have to run errands, travel for work, and meet people, all while caring for your child. Getting your hands on the best umbrella stroller for travel is crucial to making those trips more convenient and pleasant for your child.
The Summer 3Dflip Convenience Stroller is a good purchase if you seek an item that prioritizes portability. Owning a travel umbrella stroller is a must if you need to bring your child with you often, particularly if you’re somewhere that sees either a lot of rain, sunshine, or both, like Europe or those island beach getaways. The convenience (when in use) you’re getting from this Summer stroller is hard to beat, so don’t forget.
- Aluminum Frame Complemented by Sturdy Straps – It’s easy to fold up and use as a carry-on. Plus, with the shoulder strap, carrying in and out of transportation is effortless.
- One-Hand Recline – Make adjustments on the go using the one-hand recline feature.
- Six Reclining Positions – Adjust the stroller until your child is entirely comfortable.
- It only weighs 14 pounds
- It provides a reversible seat
- Canopy is adjustable
- Head support provided
- The cup holder and storage pocket are included
- The basket is on the smaller side
- Difficult to use at first
6. Cybex Beezy Ultra-Compact Stroller
How often has your child woken up because you accidentally ran the stroller over a small bump on the sidewalk? Some kids will remain undisturbed, but the light sleepers will likely start crying immediately!
The best travel strollers should stop small bumps from disturbing your child. That’s what you’re getting from this Cybex stroller. The Cybex Beezy Ultra-Compact Stroller is an excellent purchase to ensure a smooth riding experience for your child. However, you can find better alternatives if you’re looking for a more versatile travel stroller.
- Utilizes All-Wheel Suspension – All-wheel suspension prevents minor bumps from affecting your child inside the stroller.
- Offers Leg Rests – The leg rests help bigger kids use this stroller comfortably.
- Large Canopy – The attached canopy protects your child.
- It can be folded using only one hand
- Adjustments can also be made with a single hand
- Stands steady when folded
- Can move into an almost flat position
- Uses machine-washable components
- Lacks accessories
- The basket under the stroller is pretty small
7. Besrey Lightweight Foldable Stroller
If you want the best stroller for airplane travel, think small. You want something that easily fits into whatever storage is provided while keeping your child comfortable.
The Lightweight Foldable Travel Stroller from Besrey could be your ideal travel companion. It has reliable wheels to be used as a baby jogger. This is a solid option if you need a stroller for an upcoming flight. It doesn’t take up much space and works fine for short usage periods.
- Lightweight Stroller – It only weighs 12 pounds, so traveling with it will be easy.
- Aluminum Frame – The aluminum frame makes this travel stroller durable and lightweight.
- Five-Point Harness Installed – Travel strollers that use five-point harnesses excel at keeping kids in the correct position.
- A one-step brake stops the stroller from moving on its own
- Peek-a-boo window allows you to keep a close eye on your child as they sleep
- Backrest and footrest can be adjusted
- The safety bar can be removed quickly
- Stroller bag and rain cover included
- Not very easy to fold or unfold
- Struggles on rough surfaces
See Related: Travel Hacking 101
8. Baby Jogger City Tour 2 Ultra-Compact Travel Stroller
Was the last travel stroller not portable enough for you? In that case, you may find this Baby Jogger creation to represent the best travel stroller for flying better! If you are headed on an outdoor trip and need a compact stroller and a baby jogger, this is likely you’re the best bet.
Baby Jogger’s Ultra-Compact Travel Stroller is suitable for airplanes, but that’s about it. As long as you understand that going in, you should be happy with this travel stroller.
- Easy to Carry Around – It weighs less than 10 pounds, so you can quickly bring this stroller.
- Folds into a Compact Package – You can fit it into a travel bag with room to spare.
- Adjustable Leg Support – Keep your child comfortable by adjusting the leg support as needed.
- Front wheels can lock in place
- Locks automatically when folded
- It can be folded with one hand
- Also usable as a car seat
- The maximum weight limit is 20 pounds
- Not suitable for everyday use
9. Evezo Travis Lightweight Umbrella Stroller
Your child will eventually reach that point where they’re starting to get too big for a stroller, but asking them to walk around continuously is also a bit much for those little legs. At that point, you need a sturdy stroller that can support them.
Evezo’s umbrella stroller could be best suited for your growing child. Pick up this stroller if you need one to accommodate your quickly growing child. It may not last long, but it will provide excellent service when needed and is great value for money.
- Sturdy Steel Frame – The strong yet lightweight steel frame makes this one of the best travel strollers.
- Five-Point Safety Harness – Your child is kept secure by the five-point harness.
- High Maximum Weight Limit – It can accommodate kids who weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Double-layered seat for extra comfort
- The seat is also made from flame-retardant materials
- Locking brakes installed
- Mesh basket for storage found underneath the seat
- Extended canopy provides complete protection
- Difficult to fold
- Fabrics used are highly susceptible to damage
10. Graco SnugRider 3 Elite Travel Stroller
The SnugRider 3 Elite from Graco is among the most uniquely designed travel strollers. There’s more to it than just its unconventional appearance, though! You can argue that this is the best compact travel stroller available today. Buy this Graco Travel Stroller if you frequently need to bring your child during errands. Please take full advantage of its versatility and make traveling with your child easier.
- Hybrid Design – It works very well as a travel stroller and a car seat.
- Prioritizes Portability – Folding or opening up the stroller takes mere seconds.
- Versatile Car Seat – Position it differently when using it inside your car.
- Weighs under 14 pounds
- Capable of standing still while folded
- Handlebar can be adjusted
- Tray with cup holders provided
- Easy to carry when not used as a stroller or car seat
- Not always easy to install inside the car
- It can be difficult to assemble initially
11. Graco DuoGlider Double Stroller
The quest for the best double stroller for air travel proved challenging. Let us make your search easier by drawing your attention to the DuoGlider Double Stroller!
From our experience, this deserves to be considered among the best double-travel strollers money can buy. Traveling with your two kids is so much more convenient with this lightweight. It’s perfect for a quick walk around the neighborhood or a trip downtown.
- Independently Moving Features – Seats, canopies, and footrests move independently.
- Works with Other Graco Products – Graco car seats are compatible with the frame of this double stroller.
- Easy Folding – This double stroller can be folded using one hand.
- Both seats can hold up to 40 pounds each
- The storage basket can hold a lot of items
- Front wheels promote smooth movements
- Tray provided for the parents
- Seats are positioned at different heights
- Kind of heavy and tiring to push around
- It takes up a lot of space
12. Thule Spring Compact Stroller
We love the simple and smart design of this Thule stroller. It’s the best travel stroller if you’re looking for something more user-friendly. We like this Thule creation and feel it deserves a place among the better travel strollers you can buy now. It’s built with excellent quality, and solid materials ensure a long lifespan no matter how often you use it.
- Three-Wheel Stroller – The tricycle design does not affect the stroller’s stability.
- Stylish Design – This could be your best bet for a modern stroller.
- Padded Five-Point Harness – The five-point harness is cushioned to provide additional comfort.
- It stands on its own after being folded
- A vented canopy keeps the inside of the stroller aerated
- Durable, puncture-resistant tires
- Traverses rough terrain easily
- Easy to carry
- The stroller is slightly smaller than average
- Small storage basket
13. Graco Modes Pramette Travel System
The best bassinet stroller travel system we used was the Graco Modes Pramette Travel System. It works very well as a stroller, bassinet, or car seat. You certainly get a lot of bang for your buck with one of these! The versatility of this travel stroller is second to none. If you want just one stroller that can do it all, this is the one for you.
- Highly Versatile – Use it as a stroller, car seat, or bassinet.
- Reversible Stroller Seat – Change how the stroller seat is positioned if you want to.
- Convenient Storage – Fold up this stroller with one hand when you don’t need it.
- Extra-large storage basket included
- Cup and phone holders also provided
- Can support up to 44 pounds
- Easily converts based on what you need
- Easy to assemble
- Heavy stroller
- It uses up a lot of space inside the car or in storage
See Related: How to Pack Formula for Flying
14. Graco Jetsetter Stroller
Whether you’re hopping on a flight or walking around the neighborhood, Graco’s Jetsetter Stroller has your back. This is the epitome of a compact travel stroller. While there are a couple of drawbacks, the benefits vastly outweigh them. The Graco Jetsetter Stroller is highly practical, and you can expect much use.
- Lightweight Travel Stroller – This Graco product is light at only 14 pounds.
- Fold with Ease – Fold it up in seconds if you need to store it.
- Works with Grace Car Seats – Pair this stroller with a Graco Car Seat if you have one.
- The canopy can be extended to provide better protection
- It comes with a stylish carry bag
- The leg support is adjustable
- Supports up to 50 pounds
- Equipped with a convertible harness
- Struggles on rough surfaces
- Safety bar is not very durable
15. GB Pockit Air All-Terrain Travel Stroller
The last of the best travel strollers we’ll feature in this article is the Pockit All-Terrain from GB. As its name suggests, this is the kind of travel stroller that works on varied surfaces. Depending on where you live, you may find GB’s All-Terrain Stroller more valuable than most. Feel free to capitalize on its unique features and comfort your child whenever you head out.
- Double Wheels – The dual wheels handle different types of terrain easily.
- Lightweight Travel Stroller – It weighs just a little over 10 pounds.
- Breathable Mesh Fabric – The breathable mesh fabric used in the stroller keeps your child cool on warm days.
- It fits into an airplane’s overhead compartment
- Provides room for an additional seat pad
- Adjustable sun visor
- It folds up into a small package
- Supports up to 55 pounds
- The stroller can feel somewhat flimsy
- It does not collapse easily
How These Travel Strollers Were Ranked
These best travel strollers were ranked based on factors such as:
- Size – A travel stroller must be compact and lightweight.
- Max Weight – Will it be easy to carry your baby?
- Convenience – Does the stroller feature convenience items such as a storage bag, a carrying strap, or a carry handle?
- Flexibility – Traveling can be challenging, so you should have a stroller that can adapt to your travel needs, such as car seat compatibility (good for renting a car), a universal car seat adapter, or generic car seat adapters.
- Comfortability – Your little ones’ comfort should also be a top priority, so we scoured features like flat recline options, multi-position recline, compatibility for a diaper bag, and adjustable leg rest.
What is a Travel Stroller?
For this article, we will be focusing mainly on travel strollers. So, how exactly does a travel stroller vary from other options available? The most notable differences between travel and conventional strollers can be observed in their weight and how they are stored.
Travel strollers are lighter and can often be collapsed to allow for more accessible storage. Many travel strollers are suitable for airplanes and cars, while their more conventional counterparts are not.
Things to Consider When Buying a Travel Stroller
You need to consider plenty of things when purchasing a baby carrier. First, you should prioritize what type of lightweight travel stroller you need to make your life more convenient.
Types of Strollers for Travel
Many parents get confused by the different types of lightweight strollers available. Here are the various types of compact strollers you need to consider:
- Umbrella Strollers: These strollers feature maximum shading and rain protection for your little one. Umbrella strollers come with a rain cover, making them great for rainy or sunny destinations.
- Lightweight Umbrella Strollers: These are even lighter than their traditional counterparts, which is excellent for travel. These strollers are designed to be collapsible to accommodate overhead bins and other storage space issues travelers often face.
- Baby Jogger or Jogging Stroller: This stroller is perfect for casual strolls and light jogging. It will be a great travel option when paired with a car seat.
- Travel System Stroller: These strollers come with infant carriers and offer the most convenient travel experience. If you plan on having additional babies, a lightweight travel stroller that doubles as a baby carrier is perfect.
- Double Strollers: This might be your best bet if you’re looking for a lightweight double stroller. These lightweight strollers are great all-in-one options for your little ones. Most double strollers are heavier than other options and not friendly for fitting in most overhead bins.
See Related: Best Theme Parks in Europe
What kind of travel stroller can I take on a plane?
Today’s lightweight and durable strollers can be used on any trip, whether in a car or on foot. On planes, you may take your accessible stroller with you. The containers are frequently kept in the airplane cabin where your luggage is stored.
Some of the best lightweight travel strollers are small enough to be carried aboard a plane. Double strollers are not permitted on board because they would not fit.
What should I consider when buying a travel stroller?
Choosing a cheap travel stroller may be tempting because your child will only use it for short periods. A decent-quality travel stroller is critical.
During airline travel, some airports offer trips with strollers. The convenience of this product comes from its small and lightweight construction. Compact folded strollers sometimes fulfill the size requirements.
How to Choose the Best Portable Stroller for Travel
Size and weight
The significant difference between a regular stroller and a travel stroller is its size and weight. Less robust travel strollers may be more comfortable, but that’s a trade-off to other valuable advantages.
The best travel strollers on long days out are lightweight and small enough for carrying around and storing but contain additions such as the possibility of a reclining canopy and good storage underneath.
I found that reclining and solar panels were most influential on planes when carrying children. I found lying down very important when flying with my young infant.
When choosing the finest lightweight stroller, knowing how big a collapsed size is can be critical. The manufacturer should provide any of these strollers’ collapsible dimensions.
The second lowest level is most often compressed in a stroller. Look for a reduced thickness that meets airline standards and may be checked on board and stored in the overhead compartment.
What are the best riding strollers for travel?
Many airlines have size limits. That means some of these strollers will not be accepted as cabin items. This is particularly true when traveling with babies and infants, where there are generally more restrictions on which parts can be taken into the aircraft cabin.
It’s always a pleasure to give someone a foldable stroller. Foldable strollers may be folded down quickly and easily by hand. The news is that most foldable prams for traveling are simple to use! Some folding paddling devices for travel easily collapse with the baby’s left hand, which is convenient and valuable.
The essential thing to remember is that the stroller you select should be comfortable and require little upkeep. Some of these tiny travel strollers recline so that you may lay your child down and rest them, while others have more than one seat or bench for multiple kids at once.
See Related: Minimalist Travel Accessories to Own
Recline And Other Features
Several lightweight strollers offer reclining and sun protection; however, you may be forced to compromise on the storage compartment. Tell me the thing that is essential and something you should compromise on. For example, you will have enough room for a more spacious backpack.
Sometimes you can get accessories like cups, purse clips, and purse hooks for strollers to make your stroller more convenient. By contrast, you may not find a lightweight stroller. You can also buy cups and bags for easy use in a stroller, especially if the basket is too small.
How well does it work on rough roads?
Some of the strollers on this list are designed to be as light as possible, which implies smaller wheels that can be more difficult to push when the roadway ends.
Of course, it shouldn’t be a problem for those visiting destinations with well-paved roads. Some of these compact travel strollers are light, and that could make it harder to push for some of the stricter out-of-the-way trips. The stroller is an excellent alternative in some European cities with cobbled roads.
What are the best strollers for travel?
The best strollers for travel require a few essential features: lightweight and compact, can be checked as baggage on flights, are easy to fold/unfold and push, and have enough space for storage of all baby’s needs, including snacks and diapers.
What are some of the negative things about lightweight travel strollers?
Larger strollers have the same problems as a travel stroller, although they are less significant. Because of the more petite frame, the baby has less cushioning, making sitting in the seat for lengthy periods unpleasant. And because these trim options don’t have storage beneath or on top, parents may not always be able to carry all they need to use the stroller.
- How to Go on a Road Trip with Kids
- Best Portable Car Seats for Travel
- Best Websites to Book Hotels in Europe
Lock In Your Travel Now
Find Cheap Flights
Use Skyscanner to find flight deals. As my personal favorite flight search engine, Skyscanner scours websites and airlines across the globe, leaving no stone unturned to help you find the best deal possible. And if you really want to take your savings to new heights, pair Skyscanner with Going (Formerly Scott's Cheap Flights). With access to exclusive mistake fares delivered straight to your inbox, you'll be packing your bags and jetting off on your next adventure before you know it.
Travel insurance is a low cost way to ensure your travel plans go smooth no matter what's thrown at it. Cover yourself against illness, injury and theft, and protect the arrangements you've made with our flexible travel cancellation insurance. My favorite options for travel insurance are:
Book Your Accommodation
In order to capture the widest selection of properties and the best price, use Booking.com as they have the cheapest rates for guesthouses, hotels, luxury condos, B&Bs and so much more.
Want More Destination Ideas Direct to Your Inbox?
Be sure to join the ViaTravelers Newsletter for expert tips, tricks and inspiration for your next travel journey!
Discover the Best Travel Tools
Be sure to visit our page on our favorite travel resources to learn how you too can visit over 10 countries in year.