As you travel through Amsterdam, you may find yourself exploring amazing historical sites and attractions in the city like the Ann Frank House, the Van Gogh Museum, and the Rijksmuseum, but what do you explore when you’re tired and want to relax?
Not only can you find peace in any number of luxe Amsterdam hotels, but you’ll also find several beautiful spas within those hotels. They’ll help you get over your jet lag, rest your tired feet, and beautify your world with a hot stone massage, facial treatment, or session in a relaxing steam room. One of the best by far is The Conservatorium, of course. The lobby will welcome you to serenity before starting a day of wellness.
Amsterdam boasts several luxurious spas located inside the city’s best hotels, as well as spas operating in their own spaces. Treatments ranging from specialized massages to trendy skin treatments are paired with beautiful environments meant for true relaxation and rejuvenation. Let’s take a look at some of the loveliest and most sublime spas in Amsterdam.
- Best for Weddings: Spa 1001
- Best for Budget Vacations: An Chi Massage Lounge
- Best for Luxury Vacations: Guerlain Spa
- Best for Natural Treatments: Dayspa Amsterdam
- Best for Massages: Incense Bali Spa
- Best for Couples: Five City Spa
Best Spas in Amsterdam
1. Cocoon Spa
Address: Pestana Amsterdam Riverside, Amsteldijk 67, 1074 HZ Amsterdam, Netherlands
The luxurious Cocoon Spa is housed within the rather new Pestana Amsterdam Riverside, which was completed in the late 2010s. The minimalist chic hotel pairs beautifully with the Neo-Renaissance-style buildings that were once used by the Dutch government. The indoor swimming pool at the hotel is a visitor favorite, and the spa offers several luxurious services.
The Cocoon Spa began in Bali, Indonesia, about a decade ago and moved to the Netherlands a decade later. The spa is designed as a tranquil space for guests with a focus on holistic treatments in an aesthetically pleasing environment.
Services include oxygen halo sessions, body scrubs, lymphatic drainage, and facials. The spa also offers hot stone treatments for the back, neck, and scalp, as well as the wonderful Cocoon gold hemp massage for 60 or 90 minutes.
- In addition to the spa, guests may use the relaxing steam room and sauna
- Guests describe the spa as a perfect sanctuary for wellness
- The pool area near the spa is often quite busy
See Related: Spots for the Best Views of Amsterdam
2. Spa 1001
Address: Meer en Vaart 4, 1068 ZZ Amsterdam, Netherlands
Spa1001 is a private spa that offers customized packages with upscale services like high tea in the relaxation lounge and unique features like bubble baths. Visitors remark on the cleanliness of the spa, as well as the overall tranquility felt while relaxing at the facility. One of the amazing features of the spa is its relaxation lounge, which is an amazing place to sit with a few close friends during a bachelorette party or with a loved one during a couple’s visit.
The spa offers access to hot foot baths, a steam room with cool mood lighting, and a beautifully relaxing tranquility sofa. Some visitors come to Spa 1001 just for relaxation and privacy, but a venue is also a great place for romantic dates, bachelorette and bachelor parties, and “good morning” visits when you have some time to relax before a busy day spent sightseeing.
- One of the best spa hotels in the Netherlands for customized spa packages
- Feels luxurious yet offers affordable prices that won’t break the bank
- The spa isn’t located inside a hotel, so it requires a special trip to reach
3. Cowshed Spa
Address: Soho House Amsterdam, Spuistraat 210, 3HG, 1012 VT Amsterdam, Netherlands
The Cowshed Spa is a beautiful wellness space located inside the Soho House Amsterdam Hotel. The hotel is located inside the 1930s Art Deco-style Bungehuis Building.
The spa sits on the ground floor of the hotel and offers a nail salon, barber shop, and six treatment rooms. You may book all sorts of services from the tastefully designed spa, including manicures, massages, facials, and brow & lash appointments.
One of the unique features of the spa is that you can visit it in other countries, as well as buy the products the spa employs at the soap treatment store for your own use at home.
The deep tissue massage is popular with visitors to Cowshed Amsterdam, but many clients also buy products to use when they return home, like stretch mark balm and the popular Relax bath and shower gel. When you’re done with your day of wellness at the spa, head up to the rooftop pool of the Soho House to hang out and take in the city skyline.
- Cowshed has spas in different countries, so you can visit again when you travel elsewhere
- None of the products used at Cowshed is ever tested on animals, and the company is cruelty-free
- Excellent location and walking distance to a number of amazing attractions such as the Nine Streets shopping area
- The treatments are often on the expensive side, but many visitors say the price is totally worth it.
See Related: Amsterdam Day Trip to Zaanse Schans, Volendam and Marken
4. AWAY SPA
Address: W Amsterdam, Spuistraat 172, 1012 VT Amsterdam, Netherlands
The AWAY SPA inside the W Amsterdam Hotel offers massages and a variety of treatments for the face, hair, and body. The spa offers a wealth of different massage options, from a detox massage designed to help you get over that late night at the club to the aromatherapy massage, which uses beautiful scents to soothe you, as well as Swedish and neuromuscular massage techniques.
After your massage, the spa offers beauty treatments for every area of your body, from head to toe. Manicures and pedicures are popular options, and the spa also offers a full suite of hair treatments, including cuts, color, and hair oils. If you find yourself living in Amsterdam, the spa also offers memberships that last six or 12 months.
- The spa is incredibly large and spacious, with loads of amenities.
- The prices for various spa services are reasonable.
- The spa can get a little overcrowded because it’s so popular with hotel guests.
5. Nagomi Spa
Address: Hotel Okura, Ferdinand Bolstraat 333, 1072 LH Amsterdam, Netherlands
Nagomi Spa is located inside Hotel Okura, which is a hotel that meshes Eastern and Western architecture, style, and experiences. The hotel and its accompanying spa, the Nagomi Spa, are rooted in a Japanese concept of customer service known as Omotenashi. The hotel describes its environment and services as offering peaceful luxury in the middle of busy Amsterdam and is just 15 minutes away from the airport.
Services offered at the spa include facials, detox treatments, aromatherapy sessions, and all sorts of massages, from pregnancy massages to hot stones massages. In addition to booking spa appointments, visits to Nagomi Spa may also include time spent in the hot tub, steam room, sauna, or indoor swimming pool. The wellness facilities area also features a gym, and the changing areas offer showers and a solarium.
- Fabulous attention to detail in all services for a truly luxurious spa experience.
- Guests may pair their spa visit with a trip to the gym or swimming pool.
- Like other spa hotels, the Nagomi Spa is only open to guests at Hotel Okura, so you can’t book a visit without staying at the hotel.
See Related: GoCity Amsterdam Review: Is it Worth it?
6. Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Spa
Address: The Conservatorium Hotel, Paulus Potterstraat 50, 1071 DB Amsterdam, Netherlands
The Akasha Spa is located inside The Conservatorium Hotel and offers a wealth of different spa services, as well as access to a luxurious fitness facility. One of the unique features of this spa is that they offer signature experiences designed to incorporate the practice of using chakras to enhance spiritual energy and relaxation. The spa offers individual chakra experiences and appointments for two.
The spa also offers other treatments like massages, which include detox massages, relaxation massages, deep tissue massages, and pregnancy massages. The holistic treatments offered by the spa are a customer favorite, with options that include hot stones and aromatherapy. After a massage, you may want to explore the watsu pool for water therapy or the hammam chamber for deep cleansing and exfoliating rituals.
- You can buy a membership if you visit often
- Top-notch fitness room alongside the spa for a full mind and body experience
- The prices for spa treatments are on the more expensive side
7. Guerlain Spa
Address: Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, Herengracht 542-556, 1017 CG Amsterdam, Netherlands
The Guerlain Spa is designed as a destination for treating the mind, body, and soul and is located inside the Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, a Hilton-owned hotel. The Guerlain Spa might be one of the most exclusive and luxurious spas in the Netherlands. Those who book an appointment at the spa receive a skin analysis and diagnosis, as well as recommendations for the best treatments for the visit.
Guests of the spa have 90 minutes to enjoy their treatments, with direct access to the hotel garden, as well as opportunities to visit the pool, steam room, and sauna. The spa offers a handful of different facials for hydrating, clarifying, and age-defying, as well as massages designed to release tension in the feet, neck, and shoulders. The spa also employs an aesthetician who will apply makeup.
- Offers an intimate and luxurious spa experience, ideal for people who enjoy their privacy
- Simple yet meaningful menu of services helps maximize time spent at the spa
- The fitness facility near the spa is only for hotel guests
See Related: Best Day Trips from Amsterdam, Netherlands
8. Le Spa by Skins Institute
Address: De L’Europe Amsterdam, Nieuwe Doelenstraat 2-14, 1012 CP Amsterdam, Netherlands
You’ll find Le Spa by Skins Institute inside the De L’Europe Hotel, which is a luxury hotel that opened more than 125 years ago. Like many spa hotels, Le Spa and De L’Europe are cultured and sophisticated, and the spa environment is very peaceful and welcoming to all who enter. Not only can guests choose from several natural spa beauty treatments at the spa, but the gym makes personal trainers available to guests who request assistance.
The primary services offered by the spa include facials, manicures, pedicures, body waxing, and massages. Start with a trip to the gym to use the cardiovascular equipment, continue with a massage, and complete your spa journey with a facial and a manicure. Or, choose just a single service for a brief appointment between your travels throughout Amsterdam.
- Skins Institute is a well-known spa brand worldwide and has perfected the art of spa experiences
- The spa makes it easy to relax, work out, or both, with the freedom to choose your own services
- No walk-ins are allowed, and reservations are required for all services and access to facilities
9. Five City Spa
Address: Eerste Jacob van Campenstraat 39, 1072 BC Amsterdam, Netherlands
The owners of Five City Spa offer tailor-made beauty treatments to customers from the De Pijp neighborhood in Amsterdam. Couples massages are popular at the spa, and visitors often remark on how satisfyingly peaceful the spa feels during treatments and massages. The spa is small but popular, so it’s essential to book a reservation ahead of time.
In addition to massages, the Five City Spa also offers many skin treatments like the collagen boost facial, the skin clear treatment, and the purifying cleansing facial. The spa recommends the advanced bio lift facial before a deep tissue massage. They also have a facial tailored to men who may have difficulty with razor burn due to facial hair and shaving.
- Multiple massages offered for expectant mothers and mothers of young children
- The spa has a program for frequent visitors that will earn you free facials
- The spa’s services are a little on the high side of the cost
See Related: Travel Tips for Amsterdam (+ Top Do’s & Dont’s)
10. Dayspa Amsterdam
Address: Laan der Hesperiden 90, 1076 DX Amsterdam, Netherlands
Dayspa is a traditional spa that offers all the expected services, like massages, skin treatments, salon treatments, and nail appointments. One of the interesting facets of the salon is its Medic Spa, which offers a holistic approach to wellness and massages. The spa aims to help busy, stressed individuals feel relaxed and release tension from their bodies and minds.
Most spas offer treatments for individuals or couples, and sometimes small groups like bachelorette/bachelor parties, but Dayspa Amsterdam goes a step further and offers opportunities for corporate events and private parties, too. The spa is often booked for wedding parties where everyone in the ceremony will get their own spa treatment before the wedding.
- The spa offers massages and traditional facials, as well as a full range of hair-styling services
- The spa has its own app, which you can download onto your phone for easy booking
- Has limited evening hours on the weekends
11. An Chi Massage Lounge
Address: Overtoom 522H, 1054 KL Amsterdam, Netherlands
An Chi Massage Lounge offers massages inspired by different ethnic traditions. For example, they offer a relaxation massage influenced by Buddhist teachings that features aromatherapy.
Another option is the deep tissue massage, which is inspired by Taoism and offers aromatherapy that features the scents of lavender and marjoram. The spa will also work with you on your own personalized massage, which can be designed to help you recover from pain in a specific part of your body.
Each of these massages is also available as a couples treatment, which is an excellent way to relax with your significant other in-between your Amsterdam sightseeing and tourist activities.
Note that the An Chi Massage Lounge only offers massages, so if you’re looking for a spa that also offers body or other facial treatments, you’ll need to take a look at other Amsterdam spas.
- The massage therapists at An Chi Massage Lounge receive high praise from customers
- Reasonable prices for their services, which makes it easy to visit even during a budget vacation
- The couples massages are conducted in separate rooms rather than together
See Related: Best Coffeeshops in Amsterdam
12. Incense Bali Spa
Address: Rijnstraat 170, 1079 HS Amsterdam, Netherlands
The spa treatments and massages offered at Incense Bali Spa are influenced by the Balinese style of skin and body treatments, and massages are offered by Komang, a massage therapist from Indonesia who has been offering Balinese body treatments and anti-stress massages for more than 20 years. Her massages are based on an ancient form of Indonesian massage that was developed thousands of years ago.
In addition to the excellent massages offered at the spa, skin, and body treatments are also available that feature body scrubs and various beauty products from Bali that are designed to exfoliate and renew the skin. In addition to the Balinese skin products offered at Incense Bali Spa, you may also choose Japanese body scrubs in several fragrances.
- The super relaxing atmosphere is wonderful when you’re stressed and need to chill
- The massage therapist will tailor your massage to your specific needs, especially if you’re injured
- The spa is small and doesn’t have a huge menu of services or extras like a gym and pool
- Best Food Tours in Amsterdam to Book
- Best Markets in Amsterdam to Visit
- Best Restaurants in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Lock In Your Travel Now
Find Cheap Flights
Use Skyscanner to find flight deals. As my personal favorite flight search engine, Skyscanner scours websites and airlines across the globe, leaving no stone unturned to help you find the best deal possible. And if you really want to take your savings to new heights, pair Skyscanner with Going (Formerly Scott's Cheap Flights). With access to exclusive mistake fares delivered straight to your inbox, you'll be packing your bags and jetting off on your next adventure before you know it.
Travel insurance is a low cost way to ensure your travel plans go smooth no matter what's thrown at it. Cover yourself against illness, injury and theft, and protect the arrangements you've made with our flexible travel cancellation insurance. My favorite options for travel insurance are:
Book Your Accommodation
In order to capture the widest selection of properties and the best price, use Booking.com as they have the cheapest rates for guesthouses, hotels, luxury condos, B&Bs and so much more.
Want More Destination Ideas Direct to Your Inbox?
Be sure to join the ViaTravelers Newsletter for expert tips, tricks and inspiration for your next travel journey!
Discover the Best Travel Tools
Be sure to visit our page on our favorite travel resources to learn how you too can visit over 10 countries in year.