As you travel through Amsterdam, you may explore amazing historical sites and attractions like the Ann Frank House, the Van Gogh Museum, and the Rijksmuseum, but what do you explore when you’re tired and want to relax?
Not only can you find peace in any number of luxe Amsterdam hotels, but you’ll also find several beautiful spas within those hotels. They’ll help you get over your jet lag, rest your tired feet, and beautify your world with a hot stone massage, facial treatment, or session in a relaxing steam room.
One of the best by far is The Conservatorium, of course. The lobby will welcome you to serenity before starting a day of wellness.
Amsterdam boasts several luxurious spas located inside the city’s best hotels, as well as spas operating in their own spaces. Treatments ranging from specialized massages to trendy skin treatments are paired with beautiful environments for relaxation and rejuvenation. Let’s look at some of Amsterdam’s loveliest and most sublime spas.
What We Cover
- Best Spas in Amsterdam
- 1. Cocoon Spa
- 2. Spa 1001
- 3. Cowshed Spa
- 4. AWAY SPA
- 5. Nagomi Spa
- 6. Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Spa
- 7. Guerlain Spa
- 8. Le Spa by Skins Institute
- 9. Five City Spa
- 10. Dayspa Amsterdam
- 11. An Chi Massage Lounge
- 12. Incense Bali Spa
- Best for Weddings: Spa 1001
- Best for Budget Vacations: An Chi Massage Lounge
- Best for Luxury Vacations: Guerlain Spa
- Best for Natural Treatments: Dayspa Amsterdam
- Best for Massages: Incense Bali Spa
- Best for Couples: Five City Spa
Best Spas in Amsterdam
1. Cocoon Spa
Address: Pestana Amsterdam Riverside, Amsteldijk 67, 1074 HZ Amsterdam, Netherlands
The luxurious Cocoon Spa is housed within the rather new Pestana Amsterdam Riverside, completed in the late 2010s—the minimalist chic hotel pairs beautifully with the Neo-Renaissance-style buildings the Dutch government once used. The indoor swimming pool at the hotel is a visitor favorite, and the spa offers several luxurious services.
The Cocoon Spa began in Bali, Indonesia, about a decade ago and moved to the Netherlands a decade later. The spa is designed as a tranquil space for guests, focusing on holistic treatments in an aesthetically pleasing environment.
Services include oxygen halo sessions, body scrubs, lymphatic drainage, and facials. The spa also offers hot stone treatments for the back, neck, and scalp, as well as the wonderful Cocoon gold hemp massage for 60 or 90 minutes.
- In addition to the spa, guests may use the relaxing steam room and sauna
- Guests describe the spa as a perfect sanctuary for wellness
- The pool area near the spa is often quite busy
See Related: Spots for the Best Views of Amsterdam
2. Spa 1001
Address: Meer en Vaart 4, 1068 ZZ Amsterdam, Netherlands
Spa1001 is a private spa that offers customized packages with upscale services like high tea in the relaxation lounge and unique features like bubble baths. Visitors remark on the cleanliness of the spa, as well as the overall tranquility felt while relaxing at the facility.
One of the amazing features of the spa is its relaxation lounge, which is an amazing place to sit with a few close friends during a bachelorette party or with a loved one during a couple’s visit.
The spa offers access to hot foot baths, a steam room with cool mood lighting, and a beautifully relaxing tranquility sofa. Some visitors come to Spa 1001 for relaxation and privacy.
Still, the venue is also a great place for romantic dates, bachelorette and bachelor parties, and “good morning” visits when you have some time to relax before a busy day spent sightseeing.
- One of the best spa hotels in the Netherlands for customized spa packages
- Feels luxurious yet offers affordable prices that won’t break the bank
- The spa isn’t located inside a hotel, so it requires a special trip to reach
3. Cowshed Spa
Address: Soho House Amsterdam, Spuistraat 210, 3HG, 1012 VT Amsterdam, Netherlands
The Cowshed Spa is a beautiful wellness space located inside the Soho House Amsterdam Hotel. The hotel is located inside the 1930s Art Deco-style Bungehuis Building.
The spa sits on the hotel’s ground floor and offers a nail salon, barber shop, and six treatment rooms. You may book various services from the tastefully designed spa, including manicures, massages, facials, and brow & lash appointments.
One of the unique features of the spa is that you can visit it in other countries and buy the products the spa employs at the soap treatment store for your use at home.
The deep tissue massage is popular with visitors to Cowshed Amsterdam, but many clients also buy products to use when they return home, like stretch mark balm and the popular Relax bath and shower gel. When you’re done with your day of wellness at the spa, head up to the rooftop pool of the Soho House to hang out and take in the city skyline.
- Cowshed has spas in different countries, so you can visit again when you travel elsewhere
- None of the products used at Cowshed is ever tested on animals, and the company is cruelty-free
- It is in excellent location and is within walking distance of a number of amazing attractions, such as the Nine Streets shopping area
- The treatments are often on the expensive side, but many visitors say the price is worth it.
4. AWAY SPA
Address: W Amsterdam, Spuistraat 172, 1012 VT Amsterdam, Netherlands
The spa offers many different massage options, from a detox massage designed to help you get over that late night at the club to the aromatherapy massage, which uses beautiful scents to soothe you, as well as Swedish and neuromuscular massage techniques.
After your massage, the spa offers beauty treatments for every area of your body, from head to toe. Manicures and pedicures are popular options, and the spa also offers a full suite of hair treatments, including cuts, color, and oils. If you live in Amsterdam, the spa also offers memberships that last six or 12 months.
- The spa is incredibly large and spacious, with loads of amenities.
- The prices for various spa services are reasonable.
- The spa can get slightly overcrowded because it’s popular with hotel guests.
5. Nagomi Spa
Address: Hotel Okura, Ferdinand Bolstraat 333, 1072 LH Amsterdam, Netherlands
Nagomi Spa is located inside Hotel Okura and meshes Eastern and Western architecture, style, and experiences. The hotel and its accompanying spa, the Nagomi Spa, are rooted in a Japanese concept of customer service known as Omotenashi.
The hotel describes its environment and services as offering peaceful luxury in the middle of busy Amsterdam and is just 15 minutes away from the airport. Services offered at the spa include facials, detox treatments, aromatherapy sessions, and all sorts of massages, from pregnancy to hot stones.
In addition to booking spa appointments, visits to Nagomi Spa may include time spent in the hot tub, steam room, sauna, or indoor swimming pool. The wellness facilities area also features a gym; the changing areas offer showers and a solarium.
- Fabulous attention to detail in all services for a truly luxurious spa experience.
- Guests may pair their spa visit with a gym or swimming pool trip.
- Like other spa hotels, the Nagomi Spa is only open to guests at Hotel Okura, so you can’t book a visit without staying there.
See Related: GoCity Amsterdam Review
6. Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Spa
Address: The Conservatorium Hotel, Paulus Potterstraat 50, 1071 DB Amsterdam, Netherlands
One of the unique features of this spa is that it offers signature experiences designed to incorporate the practice of using chakras to enhance spiritual energy and relaxation. The spa offers individual chakra experiences and appointments for two.
The spa also offers other treatments like massages, including detox, relaxation, deep tissue, and pregnancy. The holistic treatments offered by the spa are a customer favorite, with options that include hot stones and aromatherapy.
After a massage, you may want to explore the Watsu pool for water therapy or the hammam chamber for deep cleansing and exfoliating rituals. Read our full Conservatorium Hotel review.
- You can buy a membership if you visit often
- Top-notch fitness room alongside the spa for a full mind and body experience
- The prices for spa treatments are on the more expensive side
7. Guerlain Spa
Address: Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, Herengracht 542-556, 1017 CG Amsterdam, Netherlands
The Guerlain Spa is designed as a destination for treating the mind, body, and soul and is located inside the Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, a Hilton-owned hotel. The Guerlain Spa might be one of the Netherlands’ most exclusive and luxurious spas. Those who book an appointment at the spa receive a skin analysis and diagnosis, as well as recommendations for the best treatments for the visit.
Guests of the spa have 90 minutes to enjoy their treatments, with direct access to the hotel garden, as well as opportunities to visit the pool, steam room, and sauna. The spa offers a handful of different facials for hydrating, clarifying, and age-defying, as well as massages designed to release tension in the feet, neck, and shoulders. The spa also employs an aesthetician who will apply makeup.
- Offers an intimate and luxurious spa experience, ideal for people who enjoy their privacy
- Simple yet meaningful menu of services helps maximize time spent at the spa
- The fitness facility near the spa is only for hotel guests
See Related: Day Trips from Amsterdam, Netherlands
8. Le Spa by Skins Institute
Address: De L’Europe Amsterdam, Nieuwe Doelenstraat 2-14, 1012 CP Amsterdam, Netherlands
You’ll find Le Spa by Skins Institute inside the De L’Europe Hotel, a luxury hotel that opened more than 125 years ago. Like many spa hotels, Le Spa and De L’Europe are cultured and sophisticated, and the spa environment is very peaceful and welcoming to all who enter.
Not only can guests choose from several natural spa beauty treatments at the spa, but the gym makes personal trainers available to guests who request assistance.
The primary services offered by the spa include facials, manicures, pedicures, body waxing, and massages.
Start with a trip to the gym to use the cardiovascular equipment, continue with a massage, and complete your spa journey with a facial and a manicure. Or, choose a single service for a brief appointment between your travels throughout Amsterdam. Read our full review of De L’Europe Hotel.
- Skins Institute is a well-known spa brand worldwide and has perfected the art of spa experiences
- The spa makes it easy to relax, work out, or both, with the freedom to choose your services
- No walk-ins are allowed, and reservations are required for all services and access to facilities
9. Five City Spa
Address: Eerste Jacob van Campenstraat 39, 1072 BC Amsterdam, Netherlands
The owners of Five City Spa offer tailor-made beauty treatments to customers from the De Pijp neighborhood in Amsterdam. Couples massages are popular at the spa, and visitors often remark on how satisfyingly peaceful the spa feels during treatments and massages. The spa is small but popular, so it’s essential to book a reservation ahead of time.
In addition to massages, the Five City Spa also offers many skin treatments like the collagen boost facial, the skin clear treatment, and the purifying cleansing facial.
The spa recommends the advanced bio lift facial before a deep tissue massage. They also have a facial tailored to men who may have difficulty with razor burn due to facial hair and shaving.
- Multiple massages are offered for expectant mothers and mothers of young children
- The spa has a program for frequent visitors that will earn you free facials
- The spa’s services are a little on the high side of the cost
See Related: Travel Tips for Amsterdam
10. Dayspa Amsterdam
Address: Laan der Hesperiden 90, 1076 DX Amsterdam, Netherlands
Dayspa is a traditional spa that offers all the expected services, like massages, skin treatments, salon treatments, and nail appointments.
One of the interesting facets of the salon is its Medic Spa, which offers a holistic approach to wellness and massages. The spa aims to help busy, stressed individuals relax and release tension from their bodies and minds.
Most spas offer treatments for individuals or couples, and sometimes small groups like bachelorette/bachelor parties. However, Dayspa Amsterdam goes further and offers opportunities for corporate events and private parties.
The spa is often booked for wedding parties where everyone in the ceremony gets spa treatment before the wedding.
- The spa offers massages and traditional facials, as well as a full range of hair-styling services
- The spa has its app, which you can download onto your phone for easy booking
- Has limited evening hours on the weekends
11. An Chi Massage Lounge
Address: Overtoom 522H, 1054 KL Amsterdam, Netherlands
An Chi Massage Lounge offers massages inspired by different ethnic traditions. For example, they offer a relaxation massage influenced by Buddhist teachings that features aromatherapy.
Another option is the deep tissue massage, inspired by Taoism, which offers aromatherapy that features the scents of lavender and marjoram. The spa will also work with you on your personalized massage, designed to help you recover from pain in a specific body part.
Each massage is also available as a couples treatment, an excellent way to relax with your significant other in between your Amsterdam sightseeing and tourist activities.
Note that the An Chi Massage Lounge only offers massages, so if you’re looking for a spa that also offers body or other facial treatments, you’ll need to look at other Amsterdam spas.
- The massage therapists at An Chi Massage Lounge receive high praise from customers
- Reasonable prices for their services, which makes it easy to visit even during a budget vacation
- The couples’ massages are conducted in separate rooms rather than together
See Related: Best Coffeeshops in Amsterdam
12. Incense Bali Spa
Address: Rijnstraat 170, 1079 HS Amsterdam, Netherlands
The spa treatments and massages offered at Incense Bali Spa are influenced by the Balinese style of skin and body treatments, and massages are offered by Komang, a massage therapist from Indonesia who has been offering Balinese body treatments and anti-stress massages for more than 20 years.
Her massages are based on an ancient form of Indonesian massage developed thousands of years ago. Along with the excellent massage at the spa, skin, and body treatments are also available, featuring body scrubs and various beauty products from Bali designed to exfoliate and renew the skin.
In addition to the Balinese skin products offered at Incense Bali Spa, you may also choose Japanese body scrubs in several fragrances.
- The super relaxing atmosphere is wonderful when you’re stressed and need to chill
- The massage therapist will tailor your massage to your specific needs, especially if you’re injured
- The spa is small and doesn’t have a huge menu of services or extras like a gym and pool