Paris is a cosmopolitan city that attracts many tourists throughout the year for its architectural wonders and exquisite art museums.
Some many tours and itineraries can be very confusing to tourists. We have created a guide to help you navigate through the best tours that the city of lights has to offer.
Table of Contents
- Best Paris Night Tours : Mysteries of the Opera Garnier After Hours Tour
- Paris: City Highlights Segway Tour
- Eiffel Tower: Direct Access Tour to the 2nd Floor by the Elevator
- Paris: Lounge Dinner Cruise on the Seine River
- Paris Night Bicycle Tour and River Cruise
- Paris by Night Illuminations Tour and Moulin Rouge Show
- Paris by Night: Gourmet Food and Wine Tasting Experience
- Louvre under the Stars After Hours Museum Small-Group Guided Tour
- A vintage Paris night tour by car
- Paris and Montmartre by Night Tour in a 2CV
Best Paris Night Tours : Mysteries of the Opera Garnier After Hours Tour
The Opera Garnier also known as the Palais Garnier is an opulent opera house in the heart of Paris. It was constructed by Emperor Napoleon III in the late 1860s.
The Paris night tours of the Opera will give you a glimpse of the elegant mosaic artwork and learn about the significance of the performances which inspired modern-day books and plays such as The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux.
The Opera Garnier 90 minute tour at night lets you experience the sight of an architectural wonder with a rich historical background. You can see the gold embellishments and marble structure inside the theatre.
This tour is very popular among theatre enthusiasts, the tour will start with your guide talking about the historical inspiration and accuracy of the Opera Garnier in the Phantom of the Opera.
Your guide will describe the story of Erik and a short life story of Gaston Leroux to give you more context on the place. You can experience the ethereal feeling of climbing the double stairway of the Grand Escalier and the magnificent Parisian sculptures and jewels. This is an excellent thing to do in Paris with kids.
After you finish the tour, you could grab dinner at the traditional cafe spots in the city.
Things to know about this tour:
- The live-tour is offered in English and French and the tour lasts approximately 1.5 hours.
- There may be some Opera Garnier modification to the guide, these changes may occur for technical reasons upon which a refund will not be guaranteed.
- The live-tour costs 25.43 USD per person with a free 24-hour cancellation policy.
- The live-tour does not allow any backstage access or children below the age of 12.
- Tourists must bring a form of identification such as a passport or ID.
See Related: Best Places to Travel For Your Birthday
Paris: City Highlights Segway Tour
Segway through the city of lights as you learn about famous Parisian sites and monuments on a Paris night tour. Paris night tours are breathtaking for any tourist as you get to experience the hustle and bustle of the big city.
Glide past the city attractions such as the Eiffel Tower which is a magnificent sight at night. You will get an insightful commentary from the local tour guide.
You will also get to cross over the River Seine and learn about its historic significance.
The best part of this tour is that you get your money’s worth as you will be covering more sites over a shorter time than the usual walking tours.
Things to know before the tour:
- The live-tour costs 42.48 USD per person with a free 24-hour cancellation policy and mobile ticketing.
- The meeting point for this tour is at the foot of the Statue of Marshal Joseph Joffre, at the main gate of the military school.
- This 1-hour tour is available in English and has a 15 people per tour limit. The tour will commence at 5:15 pm sharp.
- This tour is not recommended for women who are pregnant, people who have any back problems, or people who have a physical inability as this tour requires the use of a segway.
- This tour is also not suitable for people under 5ft 1in and people who weigh less than 99 pounds or more than 260 pounds.
See Related: Best & Fun Things to do in Colmar, France
Eiffel Tower: Direct Access Tour to the 2nd Floor by the Elevator
The panoramic view of the city lights from the Eiffel Tower in Paris night tours is a magnificent sight. This tour will enable you to access the second floor of the Eiffel Tower by elevator.
Spend some time soaking the sites of the iron tower as you will get to see the Notre-Dame, the Sacre-Coeur, and the River Seine from the Eiffel Tower.
Escape the lines through this direct access tour to save time. However, during the peak tourist season, there might be a 25-minute wait.
The tour is subject to change due to weather conditions as the Eiffel Tower may be closed for viewing. Make sure to have an itinerary of all the things you would like to see in Paris.
It makes it easier for you to navigate so that you don’t end up missing out on a full Parisian tourist experience.
Things to know before the tour:
- The live-tour costs 41.29 USD per person with a free 24-hour cancellation policy and mobile ticketing.
- This tour meeting point is at the Avenue Sylvestre de Stacy which is close to the Eiffel Tower, make sure you get there 15 minutes before the tour starts so that your guide will be able to answer any questions or problems with your ticket to the tour.
- Your live guide will be wearing a Qualium Tours jacket and will be holding a Qualium Tours sign.
- Make sure to wear comfortable shoes as there will be a lot of walking to do on this tour.
- There are many ways to get to the meeting point. By bus: Take lines 42,69,82 or 87. By metro: Take Line 6 and Line 8 which will lead you to the Eiffel Tower station.
See Related: Amex Membership Rewards vs Chase Ultimate Rewards
Paris: Lounge Dinner Cruise on the Seine River
Enjoy a gourmet French meal with your family and friends on the dinner cruise overlooking the picturesque River Seine.
Taste the most scrumptious meals which will be served on your journey and enjoy music from live singers and a DJ until the early hours of the morning.
The cruise will have multiple food assortments to represent 10 different flavors specific to French cuisine.
Make this cruise an unforgettable experience as you cruise through the scenic views of the bridges on the Seine. After your tour, you might want to unwind in a nice hotel.
Things to know about the cruise:
- The meeting point for this Paris night cruise is at the Port d’Austerlitz, 34 Quao d’ Austerlitz, 75013 Paris.
- The live-tour costs 71.64 USD per person with a free 24-hour cancellation policy and mobile ticketing.
- You cannot wear shorts or travel sandals on the cruise.
Paris Night Bicycle Tour and River Cruise
This tour is perfect for all cycling enthusiasts. Explore the heart of the city by cycling through popular attractions like the Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, and the River Seine.
As a refreshment during the tour, you can stop by Berthillion Ice Cream Parlor which is famous for its decadent creamy ice cream.
The tour will end with an hour-long relaxing boat ride across the banks of the River Seine. Sip some complimentary wine as you take in the mesmerizing views of the Academie Francaise, the gothic churches, and the Latin Quarter.
This evening tour perfectly captures the true meaning of the city of lights as you will see the night-illuminations from your bike rides through Paris. Paris night tour is known for its night illumination, there are also many bicycle day trips to choose from.
Things you need to know about this tour:
- The meeting point will be at the local partner’s office. The tour will not be canceled due to weather conditions and the office will sell rain ponchos during this time.
- The live-tour costs 53.43 USD per person with a free 24-hour cancellation policy and mobile ticketing. The tour will last for approximately 4.5 hours.
- Make sure to wear comfortable shoes as you will be visiting many sites on a bicycle
- Attendees must be over the age of 12 and must be able to ride a bicycle. Attendees below the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please bring some form of identification such as a passport.
Paris by Night Illuminations Tour and Moulin Rouge Show
The tour begins at the Arc de Triomphe and lle de Cite where you will be escorted to either a coach or a minivan which will take you around the city to see the lights. You will pass famous Parisian monuments such as the Champs-Elysees, the Chatelet Square, and the Eiffel Tower.
The tour will end at the Moulin Rouge where you can sip a glass of champagne as you enjoy a rendition of the famous “ Feerie” performance.
There will be a live performance by the Dorris Girls in their glitzy feathered costumes. Once the show is over, you will be taken back to the original meeting point.
Things to know about the tour:
- During the winter season, the tour will include the first show and during the summer season, the tour includes the second show in the Moulin Rouge.
- The meeting point will be at 2 Rue des Pyramides, 75001 Paris, France
- You can book this tour online in English starting from a standard booking of 197.08 USD per person.
- Moulin Rouge will not grant special access due to the popularity of the show.
Paris by Night: Gourmet Food and Wine Tasting Experience
French cuisine is a different palate experience because of its exquisite taste coupled with different wines and liquors.
Explore the Parisian 11th arrondissement as you navigate through the ample bistros and restaurants serving their specialties of cheese, wines, and delicacies such as snails and frog legs.
You can sample the rosé and French aperitif at Le Baron Rouge or stop by the wine cellar at Le Siffleur de Ballons to try their wine and cheese spreads. There are seasonal cafes that create scrumptious plates from fresh French farm produce.
You can also experience the real Parisian atmosphere at a bistro La Ravigote and choose from a selection of different wines.
Paris is known for its vino which is usually paired with fresh cuts of cheese or chocolate. Finish the day at one of the best wineries in the city. This is ont of the best Paris night tours with friends.
Things to know about the tour:
- The meeting point is at 83 Rue Crozatier, 75012 Paris, France.
- You can book this tour online in English starting from a standard booking of 159.52 USD per person. The operator of the tour is Devour Paris Food Tours.
- There will be 6 different wine tasting and food tasting locations included in this tour. You will get an expert culinary guide to accompany you on this tour. The guide will explain the best foods to try at each place.
- This tour is strictly only for people above the age of 18. Don’t forget to bring identification
See Related: Best Traditional Paris Cafes
Louvre under the Stars After Hours Museum Small-Group Guided Tour
If you hate waiting in long lines this tour is perfect for you. You can escape the crowds with your group on this tour. The evening tour is inclusive of the skip-the-line admission ticket.
the Louvre museum is a central landmark in Paris with visitors flocking to get a glimpse of the vision of Parisian artisans and their collections. It is situated next to the banks of the Seine making it an efficient tourist spot.
Explore the famous artworks like Venus de Milo and the Mona Lisa with a personalized live tour guide who will explain the significance of each art piece in the legendary museum. The one of the best Paris night tours for small groups because it has a limit of only 15 people in each small group.
Things to know about this tour:
- You can book this tour online starting from a standard booking of 82.88 USD per person.
- The tour will last for 2 hours and is offered in English
- Food and drinks are prohibited inside the museum
- The meeting point of this tour is at 10 Place du Carrousel, 75001 Paris, France
See Related: Hotels That Make Paris Famous
A vintage Paris night tour by car
Experience one of the best Paris night tours a hosted by Stoyan. The tour is available in English, Bulgarian, and French. The tour accommodates a maximum of 4 people.
Stoyan will take you through the Parisian streets in his vintage Peugeot 404 of 1963.
He will take you on a ride to watch the city illuminations and different attractions. To get the authentic experience, you will get to see Le Marais which is a historical district famous for its architecture and historic influence.
Stop by Butte-aux-Cailles which is a hilltop neighborhood with many bars and restaurants. You will also get a chance to see the Grand Mosque of Paris or the Gare de Lyon.
Stoyan will accompany you to Place des Vosages which is a petit square in the city which is famous for its unique atmosphere and fascinating history.
Enjoy a long stroll through the city as Stoyan tells you all the historical stories and significance of each place. After a long day, you might want to book yourself an Airbnb for the night. Airbnb has provided many accommodations for tourists in Paris.
Things to know before the tour:
- There need to be four attendees to take this tour. There are no age limitations.
- You can book this tour on Airbnb at the price of 74 USD per person. Stoyan is verified on Airbnb and has committed to Airbnb’s Covid-19 regulations and safety.
- There will be a one-stop for tasting macaroons which is included in the tour fee.
See Related: 10 Epic Day Trips from Paris
Paris and Montmartre by Night Tour in a 2CV
The tour company specializes in vintage car tours by a classic French model, the Citroen 2CV. You will get to drive along the Champs-Elysees.
Most tourists love this experience as they get to see attractions like the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe all while in the comfort of an expensive car, sipping on a glass of champagne.
You get to avoid the crowded areas in this two-hour ride all while seeing the attractions. It gives tourists the chance for a local Parisian experience.
You will finish the tour by driving through Montmartre and Sacre Coeur Basilica to get a good panoramic view of the starry Paris skyline through Paris night tours.
Things to know before the tour:
- You can book this tour online starting from a standard booking of 253.35 USD per group. This tour is only available for a group of 3 travelers.
- The best time to take this tour is from May to August
- The tour will last for one hour and start at 9 pm till 10 pm
- Champagne and a private driver will be provided for the tour. The driver will be your guide to answer any questions or to share some insight on the attractions and monuments.
- The operator of this tour is Golden Services Plus- Paris Authentic
Paris night tours are an unforgettable experience for any tourist or visitor.
Whether you like bicycling around Paris or if you like to take a long stroll around Montmartre, there is a tour for everyone to enjoy and learn about Parisian stories and historical influences in all popular attractions.
Paris night tours allow you to experience the local life in Paris and will make you fall in love with the beauty of the illuminations and art in the city.
- 11 Best Travel Water Purifiers
- Practical Gifts for International Travelers
- Most Beautiful Places in the World
Use Skyscanner to book the cheapest flight possible. Skyscanner is my favorite flight search engine as you can find flights around the globe and from every airline possible. You'll be in great shape to get the best price possible.
You must grab a free trial or join Scott's Cheap Flights Premium to get cheap flight alerts directly to your email inbox. My favorite cheap flight alert was 25,000 Delta SkyMiles to London non-stop.